Mobile Hotspot Connection not working since yesterday

Hello.

Usually i use my Cellphone with unlimited data as a mobile Hotspot to play WoW since my Home Wi Fi is total garbage, But since yesterday it doesn’t seem to work anymore and i get stuck in an endless “Connecting” loop after opening the app.

The connection works fine for everything else except battle.net app and WoW, it looks like that my connection isn’t recognized at all from the connection service.

However as soon as i switch to Wi-Fi it loads the app normally but, if i switch back to Mobile hotspot this happens:

-I’m still inside the Battle.Net app, but my profile on the top right goes back to an endless “Connecting” Loop like if i had a connection crash and it’s still trying to reconnect, also WoW does kinda the same thing, stuck on “connecting” as well;

-The app However works normally, i can browse the shop and the game list like everyday.

I don’t understand what is blocking my connection to the Blizzard service.

My apologies for my bad english.

The provider may be blocking it because gaming traffic is quite costly to these companies. Unfortunately, you’d have to get clarification on this from the mobile data provider.

1 Like

The provider may be blocking it because gaming traffic is quite costly to these companies. Unfortunately, you’d have to get clarification on this from the mobile data provider.

Weird… i’ve been using my mobile hotspot as my main connection for over a year and this is the first time this happened.

It’s odd if you ask me.

Since they don’t meet the requirements for any of Blizzard’s games there isn’t going to be a lot of support available here. You’d be best suited reaching out to them for comment, but it may simply be congestion in the area. This also happens if a mobile data provider sells off part of their network for budget-friendly companies that offer pay-as-you-go or pay upfront plans.

1 Like

I had the same issue with a hotspot (Inseego M2000), and forwarding the following ports did the trick for me.

TCP Ports: 4000, 6112-6119
UDP Ports: 4000, 6112-6119