Mobile app not working

few days ago while using the mobile app I noticed that it would be slow to load even at home with a steady internet connection. when it would load it would only display 1 to 2 people from my list at at time and if i tried to search other friends on list it would like they weren’t there. also my chats wont show up either

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issues. Tried logging out and logging back in. I’ll try uninstalling the app then trying again.

update to help figure narrow things down. this is on a galaxy J7 model number SM-J727V os verison android 8.1.0

Greetings!

Thank you both for the bug report. Apologies for any difficulties this may have caused. We will investigate the issue.

Thanks,
Kraiden

It seems to have decided to work properly today. Showing all friends online and off and starting up quickly. I say this cautiously because did this early last week and last only a day . Not sure why its working didnt try anything differently but right now happy it is

Verlant,

Happy to hear that it is working again. Please reach out on this thread if the issue re-occurs.

Kraiden

If I may add to this, I have 2 accounts to my name , for some reason this bug is consistent only with one of them !!

Hello. My Blizzard mobile phone app has not been working for several months now.
The first month I had issues, it started with it being laggy. Not loading complete friends list, not showing messages I receive (but am able to still send messages). Then it progressed to me not being able to log in, always saying I’m in a long queue and never logging me in. It’s been months now, and I still can’t use this messaging app anymore.
I can log in now, but it will not show my friends list or messages. I’ve worked with Blizzard support many times to fix it, but nothing works. They’ve reset my Account Data on their side, and nothing changes. I’ve logged in and out, uninstalled the app, changed my password. Nothing works. I know it has nothing to do with my phone either, because I still have the issue when I log into my friend’s phone and my boyfriend’s phone (both different types of phone than mine). The last gm I spoke to mentioned that I could be logging into the wrong region, but I am definitely logging into the American region. I’ve tried logging into the EU region, and then logging out and back into the NA region. The EU one functions normally, and I’m able to see my EU friends. My NA one is still broken. I miss being able to use the app to message friends and stay connected. Please, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

I have one problem since a few days… When i log per app, i dont see any Friends … i have the right Region “Europa” on both sides … I have try to connect without wlan and with wlan … i have deinstall the app… install the app new … same problem … i don’t know what i can do :frowning: I have change the Region to Amerika and back to Europa, nothing helps… i hope you can help :frowning:
best reguards.

1 Like

@Link789 same problem at my phone! (Apple iPhone 11 with iOs 14)
Hope to see a Blizzard or Battlenet worker here :smiley:

greetings from germany

Hi. So, this is what I have so far. For about a week the battle net mobile app, is not showing my friends on my mobile device. Im using an iOS device.
Since this problem started, I have deleted a friend from my list, from the in-game menu, and added him again from the same place. Its now showing on my mobile device.
I tried also updating some of my friends to Real ID to see if its just a … “refresh” lets say. That did not work.
Reinstalled the desktop app after uninstalling the mobile app as well. installed both back, and that did not work. Maybe add something to sync the two? Like a QR code to help with syncing when its not working?

Cheers

What I was able to see is, that I change the region to Asia, it will show 4 of my 30 friends, but they‘re shown as offline since 3-5 years although they’re online

I’m having the same issue with none of my friends list or chats showing up on the mobile app. I can view the one chat group that I’m in, but when I click on the two others in the group to view their profile it tells me to send a friend request.

Using an iPhone 12 Pro, iOS is up to date and so is the Bnet app. I deleted and reinstalled the app and did a forced restart to my phone with no change. Logged into it on my home network and my mobile network. Attempted to log into all of the available regions and then back to my own (Americas) and still got the message “Not seeing your friends? You might be logged into the wrong region. Log out to switch regions”. I’ve also tried to log in on an old iPhone 7 with the same results. Everything works fine on my desktop app.

May 11: a quick edit to add that I received two notifications that I had messages on the app which showed bnet name and what the message was on my lock screen preview, but when clicking on them to open the app it just led to a blank chat saying “text” instead of the name at the top and a spinning wheel instead of loading a chat. Still no friends showing up on my list.

Update for May 16: bnet app suddenly works again after a week (that I’d noticed) of no friends or conversations!

1 Like

For the past four days I have been unable to use my Battle.net app on my phone because whenever I login it is saying I have no friends. When I login to my desktop version they are still all there. I have tried everything suggested in the forums as well as suggestions from in game “Game Masters” and nothing has resolved the issue. Below is a list of everything I have done to try and alleviate the problem.

-restarted phone
-logged out and then back in multiple times.
-switched regions, logged in then logged out and back into the correct region. (This did show 3 of my 40+ friends so I checked the other regions, nothing.)
-uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
-Uninstalled from the cloud then downloaded again.
-switched from WiFi to my phones internet provider.

I use an iPhone, not sure if that matters. Would be awesome if this could be fixed but I see it’s been going on for awhile and still happening so I’m guessing it’s not going to be fixed… :frowning:

Update… got a new iPhone today, Battle.net still isn’t working. It still is saying I have no friends but now the orange dot is there saying I have new messages but when I click it nothing shows. Fun stuff Blizzard!

When i log per app, i dont see any Friends

Same here, I get notifications but I can’t see friends or chats. If I click on a message sent to me through the notification (iPhone) it opens the chat and I can reply and they see it, but I don’t see any of the chat even the message I type lol. Been going on for a month now :slight_smile: