Media Search... finding spell icons

For wow classic, I am trying to find icons for spells and abilities. I read through the documentation for media search and I don’t understand how I can search for a spell by name…

let’s say I’m looking for “Mortal Strike” icon… how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.

The path /data/wow/search/spell?namespace=static-classic-us&name.en_US=Mortal%20Strike&access_token=TOKEN would search for spells named Mortal Strike on Classic.

However, the spell API is not supported on Classic.

Finally got around to trying the url… unfortunately, it is a spell search and not a media search.

I tried doing some media searches, but really can’t figure out how to use the name field. here is my example:

/data/wow/search/media?namespace=static-us&tags=spell&name=Mortal%20Strike&access_token=${TOKEN}

I’ve tried adding in locale, but that didnt seem to help either.

I know I’m late to the party, but I just came across this post as I was trying to find the answer to the same question. I was able to figure it out by piecing together what I see here and what the documentation says–which I wish was better explained. In any case this extension I used to find the icon for items:

/data/wow/media/item/23323?namespace=static-us&locale=en_US&access_token={accessToken}&tags=item

In yours, you might need to remove the name and put the ID in the url, as well as removing the “search” from the url. The return is a JSON that has a url to an jpg–at least for what I was looking for.