May 2020 - Diablo II Server Issues/CD Key in Use/Failure to Connect

For the third time in the past 4 days, my cd key has been stuck in use. The first time it took 13 hours to unlock. The second time it took 8 hours. This time no idea. When will you guys please fix the server ?

Second time in 2 days. every time the servers crash. our chars are getting stuck online and we can not log in due to our cd key being in use by ourself. resetting the net and your pc wont fix this. it happens when you try to join another game too soon after loosing connection. Yesterday a game master was able to lock and unlock my account to fix this but that took quite a long time for a response. And i have the same issue again today… This does not seem like a viable way to fix the situation as the down time is too much.

1 Like

i have been online for the last month since the coronavirus shutdown everything… now i cant get in because i receive this message that someone is using my cd key… not sure what is going on can someone help me ?

2 Likes

Same issue many of us are facing. Check out the other threads on this forum. Seems like a long term issue now. Even re-downloading the game will not work.

Yea i have tried this also…nothing changes…

I’ve been having the same problem for the past 2 days. At first I was able to wait the 5 minutes then log back in. For about 12 hours or so I have not been able to log in at all and have gotten the same message. Please do something to help or offer a refund because this is just plain bad.

1 Like

I deleted my old post and added a new one here with the same retest request now that I moved a bunch of the major threads for this issue into this thread.

We made some changes and restarted the servers today in an attempt to fix the underlying cause of all these recent problems that the Diablo 2 servers have been having. Can you please try to log back in again and see if things are fixed?

I can confirm that it’s now working for me.

working for me but not working for my wife

I’m also still having the same problem I’m going to wait the 24h and will post back with results

wow…fix this already. i can only play 1-2 hr a day before my cd key gets taken by myself rofl…

Currently working, as of about 15 hours ago. But lag is so intense that my character keeps getting booted from a solo game and disconnected from bnet. It’s totally unplayable.

Just to give an update its till not working 12h later

Hey again everybody,

Following up again, looks like the restarts yesterday didn’t do exactly what we were hoping. Things appear more stable, but it’s clear we still have some work to do. We’re tracking the new hiccups and seeing what we can do about them.

It was working okay until 20 minutes ago…now back to checking version again…

We noticed haha. Any idea on a server back up eta? Maybe reset the ladder while your at it. Kinda pointless to reset at the end of covid.

Was playing Diablo II Game with a Friend re-specing our Chars and when i logged to get a dif Char the game dropped me and my friend and says both our CD keys are in use by our self

fully for a reset especially since the game is so active with quarantine and all

1 Like

This issue is affecting me as well.

My brother bought the game 3 days ago and it began affecting him the SAME DAY. He can log-in today but now I cannot. Irony.

Please fix this issue.

Just posting to add another body to the pile. I am experiencing this aswell. Says CD Key in use by myself.