May 2020 - Diablo II Server Issues/CD Key in Use/Failure to Connect

Was playing Diablo II Game with a Friend re-specing our Chars and when i logged to get a dif Char the game dropped me and my friend and says both our CD keys are in use by our self

fully for a reset especially since the game is so active with quarantine and all

1 Like

This issue is affecting me as well.

My brother bought the game 3 days ago and it began affecting him the SAME DAY. He can log-in today but now I cannot. Irony.

Please fix this issue.

Just posting to add another body to the pile. I am experiencing this aswell. Says CD Key in use by myself.

An interesting update:

Now it’s bouncing between CD key in use by myself (infrequent) to logging in, but being able to connect to the server. So…progress? At least the CD key downtime wasn’t 24 hours this time.

Is anyone else experiencing problems submitting support tickets?

For those who were impacted by the recent hiccup, please follow these instructions. Be aware that if you try spam logging in it may result in a temporary restriction on the IP address or account, which we do not remove.

Work continues on the core cause. As before, we’ll reply back with any insight as we get it.

Edit: Updated the title to be a bit more comprehensive and direct more players here.

USWest seems to be okay, i was able to login but USEast is exhibiting same issue as yesterday

Says realm down for me. Firewall code. Everything in order. Shouldn’t be happening assuming Realm is actually down.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, only now it just disconnects me after checking versions. I’m on hotel wifi, could I be experiencing a separate issue, and if so, how do I determine whether it is the server or my hotel wifi?

Another casualty here. Starts off as a unusual port 6112 error, then says CD key is in use by myself.

I can’t tell what info do you need from me to reset/resolve…are we still just playing the waiting game?

Sad. Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company and can’t maintain servers to host 20k players. LOL. Blizzard has NEVER been the same since Activision collab. Pathetic.

Servers all down? What’s going on?

Yes this has been happening to me randomly, I was just sitting in chat relaxing with friends and I got disconnected with port issue now.

You guys have to fix this. This is completely absurd, especially with the CD key lock out nonsense from the last few days. I said in the other thread (that got closed) that this is why my hobby is Lego: I don’t deal with this nonsense (that’s not the first word I typed). We’re all trying to maintain some sanity during this Covid-19 mess and you guys being unable to keep the basic infrastructure operating is a sad, sad look. I spent the last 18 years NOT playing D2 since college; I can easily go back.

2 Likes

Multi-billion dollar company and can’t maintain a server with 20k players at that… pathetic huh?

3 Likes

doesn’t help they also got 10k bots running up their servers

I have two separate keys, and both are showing connection related to port 6112 needs to be open, and if that does not show up then it shows that I am using my cd keys… Coming here since another had a moderator request us to comment in here.

I haven’t gotten a CD In use error, just a 6112 or unavailable error. Can log in on US West though.

I am also having this issue. Please resolve.

unable to login to U.S. East Currently.