Mass Reported the day before naxx in SoM

Doubtful, resubbed just to check, not banned on the new account. You have no idea what you’re talking about. You put too much faith in Blizzard too.

I know exactly what I am talking about. Bonus, I have even been to Blizz and sat down with the Forum Support agents and gotten to see some of the systems behind the scenes.

If you feel that was a false positive, all you can do is put in another appeal. Those do happen - so you would want to follow that route. You can appeal until they say to stop.

Forum pvp aside, I thought multiple appeals would get your whole bnet banned or something?

No, not really. You can politely ask for a second review or even a third. It is only an issue when someone keeps going after the GMs say “we won’t take any more tickets on this issue and may issue an account action”, or something like that.

It is when it gets into harassment territory that they issue that warning. Either the person has appealed many times, or they are being abusive, or both.

Stick to the basics, state you feel there was a false positive and that you were not using any automation or third party software.

Leave the whole “I got mass reported” thing out of it because that is not something that would get an account banned. It was something in their detection system flagging your account as cheating/hacking/using third party software. Focus on what they actually banned you for.

I mean if it wasn’t mass reporting I don’t even know where to start looking. I have a computer from goodwill, no third party apps or programs other than curseforge but I really doubt that triggers anything. I will actually put in another appeal and that is very helpful. Thank you so much, this ban has me acting crazy, thanks for your understanding

1 Like

Blizzard Hacks team researches the botting, cheating, automation type programs and scripts then uses software detection systems to flag accounts.

• ANY automation of any kind, including rotations. This means macros and programs like autohotkey. If you can’t do something using the in-game macro maker, don’t do it with outside software.
  • Any multiboxing software or hardware that facilitates it. You can have more than one account, but you can’t use anything to help you play them. There are several well known multiboxing software products that can get you banned if they are on the PC like isboxer
  • Obviously botting, hacking, changing game files/textures, etc. Same goes for using a game bug to your advantage in an exploitative way.

Back to the reporting, if I report an account I think is cheating, that can get it looked at, and it can help the Hacks team research new or changed botting programs. It won’t get the account banned though unless the account is actually running those cheating programs. So reporting is important, but it is not the final indicator they use to drop the ban hammer.

Just go ahead and put in the appeal again, and also be sure to run a malwarebytes scan and a virus scan on your PC.

Your addons should be good. Those play in the Blizzard sandbox.

I guess I shouldn’t flatter myself then, I pvp a lot, just figured it was mass reporting. Reading that list I am explicitly good. I never have done anything remotely close to that. Guess well see what they think when they look over the logs

2 Likes

I wish you good luck! I hope it is just a false positive.

1 Like

Just an update, everything was unbanned, I got through to a human, he asked me to wait a few days and a few weeks later I got everything back. Missed the end of som but at least I have everything for wrath. Thank you for your kind words and advise.

1 Like

I am late on replying but I wanted to say I am really glad you got through the ticket system and got it sorted out!!! Glad the advice actually helped you.