[Main Thread] Your login session has expired

Mine seems to be fixed ??

I only did some basic testing :

• I shut-down my PC, waited 1 minute, and re-started it
  • I exited the App completely and re-started it

In both cases, it remembered my password and I didn’t have to type it in.

Same issue here, but I wouldn’t care less if it was just about typing in my password every time I start my computer.
I play OW2 and my BNet account crashes mid-game (it happens unpredictably, I might play quite a few matches before it happens), causing the game to crash as well. At first I just get disconnected from the match for a few secs, then automatically connect back to the same match, but within few more secs everything crashes completely, I get logged out of BNet and the game itself, until I restart BNet and the game. Thanks god I don’t play comp, I’d be banned for good now for leaving this many matches.
My bf that I’m playing with has the same issue and it happens simultaneously (we live together and use the same Wi-Fi) but other services such as Discord keep on working just fine. Tried deleting cash folders but not sure if it’ll be helpful enough.

1 Like

okay, let me explain the behavior as i was encountering it … i would d/c from the wifi and close my laptop to let it sleep without having to worry about microsoft updates (or other things) sneaking in the background … when i would wake up the computer, unlock it, and then connect to the wifi, the b . net app would come up with the login screen instead of spinning through the re-authentication and reloading the news or w/e contents within the app … this just started to happen the last couple of days as other people have mentioned

i used FireFox’s trick to delete the battle.net folder from “C:\ProgramData” and from “C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertaitment” and then restarted the app … it logged in no problem … i then did the whole d/c from wifi, sleep, wakeup, login, reconnect routine and then this time it logged back in

before calling it a complete success, i only let it sleep for a minute so i will report back after the usually nightly sleep for sleep time for several hours to see if the timeframe changes the behavior … i am hoping this is fixed now, but it begs the question, what is going on with those folders that it is doing this?

also, the last played bar is still an issue … and i don’t know why it only appeared on one of my laptops … but i really don’t want it to appear on the other

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/how-to-turn-off-last-played-on-the-launcher/43378/8

As for the email rejections, they don’t believe there are limits on their inbound email server. TS just told me that an email came through that had a 5MB attachment.

Not sure why it’s happening to some people.

It’s something happening Blizzard, issue started about 2 days ago, I have upgrade W10 to W11 about year ago, and worked smoothly until now.

My issue appears this way, app start log in, but then it stop it, and do somekind security run, and then ask password, and then able log in, and play normally, settings shows region America, but it meaningless when login, even set it Europe, it wont help. If close app, it’s possible rerun app few mins before it start ask again password.

It appears to be fixed on my end without me doing anything, same for my brother. Thank you.

1 Like

ok, I spent several hours today setting up an new Admin account and moving all my files to the new account. I went ahead and did the following once again as well.

1. Unistall Battle net Launcher
    2. Open file explorer/file manager 
    3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
    4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist. 
    5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%   
    6. Down load and reinstall the Launcher
    7. checked windows for any updates
    8. Ran DISM and SFC Scan
    9. Deleted the Old Admin account and files
    9. relogged into the Launcher.
   10. Began testing again.

I’ve have done all of this and the issue with Launcher asking for updates when I am on the version 2.20.1.1432 / battle.net update agent version 2.27.7.8209 is still happening. That is the current version, correct?

The login issue I am still testing. I can’t say its fixed for sure yet. I am noticing at times opening the launcher and then the password wipes out.
Then briefly I see a box saying security check and it logs in after that.
I am not sure if I wait a longer period of time before trying to log in again will it trigger the session expired or not.

for the moment, the issue I can confirm that remains is the launcher is still asking to be updated randomly.

I have still yet to reinstall my Antivirus so no one can blame that.

nevermind … it’s still a problem … whatever entity is responsible for what continues to feel like other players executing drop hacks on me just knocked me offline and the b . net app is asking for the pw again with “keep me logged in” checked … so the programdata solution seems to only have been temporary …

Howdy Everyone!

A hotfix has been pushed for this issue. Please make sure you app is up to date and see if it continues.

Please let us know!

3 Likes

on one of my laptops i connect to two b . net accounts using the option that allows you to have multiple instances of b . net options in settings … it seems as though this hotfix continues to be pushed to whichever i log into 2nd … even if only one of the accounts is open at a time

I haven’t did any suggestions here cause I haven’t been back till now, but the last day I haven’t have unlogging of Bnet after bringing the computer out of sleep mode.

So the hotfix might have fixed it, I’ll report back and trying deleting the Blizzard folder if it acts up again.

But all is well in this short term, I’ll keep you updated.

It appears it is resolved for me - upon opening Battle.net just logged me in when it would have requested the password previously.

1 Like

Issue seems to be resolveed. Just opened battle.net without the login prompt, so normal behavior again.

1 Like

Yeah I just started BNet and it didn’t force me to re-login too… I hope it wasn’t a one off.

1 Like

its same to me.(T.T)

Continuing the discussion from [[Main Thread] Your login session has expired](https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/main-thread-your-login-session-has-expired/43469/106):

this hotfix only still seems to have some cases where it doesn’t work, like when having two accounts open … i don’t have the “keep me logged in” checked for that reason on this computer, and as i have already described, the “update and restart” continues to be applied to the instance that is opened second, regardless of how many times i click the update, and regardless of whether they are both up at the same time or alone separately … but in disconnecting from the wifi (or getting knocked offline for whatever reason) and reconnecting, if both are up, only one seems to reconnect properly (even without the “keep me logged in” checked), and i am forced to enter the password again on the other account … strangely enough, right now the account that does not have the “update and restart” on the menu is the one that is reconnecting, and the one that seems to be “fully up to date” is asking for the password again when this happens … truly a mind boggling bug

p.s. i’m not a new user … i’m just not often on the forums and have only had a need to come to the desktop app support forums recently … like my b . net account goes back to sc2 … how does this make sense?

This is happening for me as well. Is there anything I can share to be helpful?

I was a bit quick to call this fixed - it works when I use the Battle.net client, but my Playnite app keeps having to log in every time I open it, which is annoying. So whatever was done was a band-aid for the primary Battle.net client, but other hooks are still broken.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.