[Main Thread] The Battle.net Update Agent stopped at 45%

Same problem in France, stuck at 45%. Nothing works.

I honestly just wanted to fire up WoW since 2 years ago. But I guess that’s a sign :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

After 3hours of pain and misery this worked!

From terminal execute: sudo /Applications/Battle.net-Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Battle.net-Setup

5 Likes

love you, mate! with a bit of re-launching it worked

You’re a genius iondarie, just need to put the setup in the app folder before. :wink:

1 Like

command not found for me

OMG IT WORKED THANK YOU ACANIEL

curse you blizzard for making me go trough this

billion dollar company can’t even properly code a stupid app

This worked for me. No issues after this

Thank you Iondarie!
For all other that can’t execute the commands:
Copy the downloaded Battle.net-Setup into Applications first;
Then become sudo in terminal and execute /Applications/Battle.net-Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Battle.net-Setup

and for the first start from terminal you can try with ./Battle.net.app/Contents/MacOS/Battle.net

1 Like

same here. gets stuck at 45 %. contacted support of blizzard, but they didn’t gave me something that helped.

it worked for me! Thanks a lot! \o/

Same problems, put in a ticket and got a troubleshoot reply even though I previously said I have run myself backwards doing what they have asked and more. waiting on a reply :frowning: just want to go ham in classic

Unbelievable. I come back to play a blizzard game after not doing so for 8 years and immediately get greeted by this error. Its 2024 and blizzard still does not have automated tests for this?

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem re 45% and unable to install battle.net. I’m on mbp m3 with Sonoma 14.2.1. I have tried the activities listed in this post with no luck. I am in Australia. I’ve been playing since the start. First time I have had any problems. Maybe Microsoft can spare some of their billions to do some QA testing.

Try opening in the terminal and giving the executable write permissions
sudo chmod +x ~/Downloads/Battle.net-Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Battle.net-Setup

1 Like

Thanks for the help Reptilia. Your suggestion above has solved my 45% problem. battle.net is now able to install. adding the executable flag worked for me

Thank you, Iondarie! It helped me with downloading b net. But now after installing it, it shows another error. “Cannot Launch battle net. A required framework could not be found. Please download and reinstall Battle net”

1 Like

Upvoting as I’m having the same problem. Macbook Air M2 w/macOS 14.2

Tried your suggestion. I was able to modify the executable permissions, but unfortunately it didn’t fix the updating issue… :tired_face:

Of course not, it’s a small indie company, need to have some patience:) For that past 6months I have trouble installing WoW, it always gets stuck on “updating…” and now I can’t even install bnet itself.

System specs: Mac M2 Pro
Fresh install Sonoma 14.2.1