[Main Thread] Diablo 2 - Problems creating games, joining games, long queue times

They won’t do that, cause theres no money to be made in this game. No membership, no cosmetics, ect.

They make 10-20 off the game and nothing after that. They aren’t gonna put the effort in to fix issues for us when theres no money to be made.

The feedback clearly shows it. Give us the go around every single time.

• Our devs are working extra hard to bring justice to the botters, ect ect*

Don’t fix the ques, unless you fix the bots first.

at the very least give us a free migration to west…

1 Like

Can you just admit you are hoping East dies? Pretty clear that you guys are sitting idly by hoping for its destruction. You say you were going on offense towards bots…great you banned some proxies as they came back. You then say you are evaluating the situation, yet things are only getting worse. At least just admit you guys don’t know how to rectify.

Bump. This is ridiculous. Is Blizzard going to fix this? Had i known i would’ve started on US West but its a little late now.

1 Like

Care for this game is at a legit all time low.

Lulz. Ya’ll are so salty right now. You have yourselves to blame. You promoted bot usage. You promoted item purchasing via third party websites. You promoted exploits and third party programs/plugins. Blizzard stipulated in the EULA and Terms of Agreement prior to you executing your Diablo II application to not do any of that aforementioned.

If you’re going to sit here and say this is embarrassing - you’re right, it is. It’s embarrassing you promoted the use of third parties to degrade a game. Not a soul here can sit here and say they haven’t. We’ve all partaken in botted CS / Baal runs. We’ve all partaken in Dclone hunts. We’ve all partaken in just about every activity in Diablo 2 that has had a bot or third party program touch it or affiliate with it.

Moving past that very idea - which is valid - there’s individuals committing exploits ON TOP of Dclone bot-spammers. Both are working simultaneously and causing our horrid queue’s on top of the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic caused a surge of players to ‘return’ to Diablo II. Blizzard never downsized USEast servers, we simply overfilled them. Bear in mind, there’s individuals running 2 to 4 clients simultaneously. Naturally, that creates an overflow of players.

To sum all of this up - we are to blame for the queue’s. Blizzard is Currently Working on the situation. Technology advanced, people started writing better code(s) for their scripts and bots. VPN’s opened a humongous window. There’s MANY factors revolving around the queue times.

Shut up. Quit your whining. Be patient. Better yet, get off your tushies and go to work. Don’t have a job? Go clean your room :slight_smile:

To the guy above me. No you.

1 Like

Would love to have the warden back and looking out for the legit players :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah buddy, you can quit being a SIMP for Blizzard now. Most people crying here probably don’t condone bots at all. The game still has many legitimate players that just want to play the game. Just because the servers are overfilled doesn’t excuse it. Update your servers, figure out how to raise the capacity, turn on Warden again so they can actually kill the bots more reliably. There are a myriad of solutions to the problem that aren’t being utilized, and if they are, Blizzard isn’t saying anything about it. At this point I just want them to say anything, even if it’s “sorry, we can’t fix it. Don’t like it? Leave.” so that I can just install PlugY and have my ladder items/Uber event in singleplayer, and stop wasting my time.

2 Likes

You act like this absolves Blizz devs from blame. What are you their PR spokesperson. Thanks, but no thanks chief. Irrespective of what any of us have participated or played a role in still links and gravitates back to the incompetence of server control and maintenance. Your self-assured hubris was real.

2 Likes

I’d also like to hear from someone at Blizzard. This is a NEW issue - has only been happening for the last couple of months, and not 100% of the time. The queues to create games can get as high as 4,000+.

I understand this is a legacy game with no ongoing revenue stream for Blizzard, but hope that they have enough respect for their long-time players (remember this game is 20 years old…) to at least be honest and open if they are planning to discontinue online access.

Simply abandoning and ignoring the best entry in one of their tent-pole series and hoping the fans migrate to more profitable products isn’t good business; it won’t make us play (awful, boring) D3 any more and won’t impact whether or not we download D4. It’s just disrespectful and dishonest.

3 Likes

It’s honestly not anything new with Blizzard/Activision though. They’ve been taking a hot dump on the Diablo fanbase ever since 3 came out, especially for the last couple of Blizzcons. It’s to the point I don’t even want a remaster of this game. Because I guarantee you they won’t do it justice, just like they didn’t with WC3 Reforged or SC:Remastered, especially given the original source code is long since gone, they’d have to build the game from the ground up (oh boy, Diablo 3 artstyle/graphics…my FAVORITE… :roll_eyes:) just…tell people what’s happening. I’ve already made the leap to single player and am not looking back tbh. As long as I have single player PlugY so I can still have access to ladder items without the headache of servers, I won’t care if you remaster this game, abandon it completely, or whatever. But you owe it to the people who essentially made you what you are today. (at least 11 million players/copies of the game sold if you’re counting Starcraft 1 in that equation as of 2010. It’s probably gone up since too.)

You guys keep forgetting, or haven’t been educated on the subject, that Blizzard/Activision no longer possesses the talent/team that created Diablo II or Diablo II LoD. That team has been GONE since before Diablo III dropped. The masterminds behind THAT ENGINE are gone. Blizz/Activ are trying to adapt to the old engine by - how do we phrase this - revamping/rewriting it.

Best thing to do is be patient or go learn whatever coding language was used and give Blizz/Activ some tips. Calling them names or being disrespectful only pushes you closer to losing your privileges/rights to your ‘licensed copy’. It might even incite some spite to where they ‘delay’ the fix. Just saying.

I’m still getting the “No new games can be created at this time” error and don’t see any games to join. It’s been happening for almost 2 weeks now. I can’t join games my friends are in either. Very annoying and support couldn’t give any help they just said it was related to the server issues they’re having. Despite that error I am able to create games with a line of about 500 but I can’t rejoin that game if I leave it.

Hey folks,

Just popping in to let you know it’s still on our radar. Keep in mind that while we work on the core problems, you may experience better performance by playing on a different server while the queue times are high. While we know this isn’t optimal, we cannot promise a fix date at this time. The best work around is to play on a different realm while you wait for us to resolve this problem if the queue times are taking too long for you.

In addition, please keep in mind that this is the Technical Support forums. We only focus on problems, work arounds, and resolutions within the scope of Technical Support. We’ve notified the developers of the threads about this problem, but the Technical Support team will not respond to your feedback. The Blue posters here are not developers or community managers who can speak for the Classic Team. If you have feedback, please go to #diablo-ii-general-discussion.

1 Like

This may have been noticed by others but… Today I realized that, if the game creation queue freezes when you’re < 10 in line, your game has actually been created, you just haven’t automatically joined it. If your queue in line freezes, just join whatever game you created. Hope this helps. Community knowledge base ftw.

OK , add HD resolution then !

So fixing a server issue. Where games are crashing. Isn’t a technical issue? Pretty confused on that. Regardless what causes it.

2 Likes

Can we please fix the long waiting time for games on escl with these 3k waiting line. Everyone here wants this fixed even if they aren’t on us east. We just want to be able to play without waiting forever to make a game

2 Likes

While you are not devs, you should be able to give a situation report as this has been a week now and it has queued to north of 3K lines. An ETA for a fix and keeping the community apprised of developments are two stark difference and what we ultimately want is the latter. Is this truly a fixable issue or is this a hardware issue? Are they evaluating new server to sustain a future of this game on East or is this the end? If you want us to go play another realm then give us a new feature to completely transfer a character to a different realm not give up on all the gear and work put in to start fresh. That comment was just a joke. Cmon man… “go play another realm”. SMH.

4 Likes