[Main Thread] Battle.net launcher stuck on "Logging in"

I haven’t seen any recent posts with the same problem or solutions, but apologies if I missed one.

A few days ago my Battle.net must have logged itself out, and now when I attempt to login again it stays stuck on the “logging in” spinning icon. Tried all the usual fixes of course. A workaround that worked for a few days was opening the shortcut to a game directly (HOTS) and logging in through the game menu, but that is no longer working and tries to take me to the launcher first.

I’ve attempted all the solutions in the Blizzard Support post “Can’t Connect to Battle.net Desktop App” (it won’t let me attach the link as a new user) and then some more, including redownloading the launcher after deleting all folders, files and caches connected with it. The strategies listed included:

1. Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn’t become flooded with data.
    1. If you’re using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
    1. Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
    1. Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.
    1. Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
    1. Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to automatically rebuild outdated or corrupt files.
3 Likes

this is happening to me too, i dont know what to do

I’m also having this issue I was playing D4 no worries I got DC but couldn’t log back in error saying last character hadn’t logged out so I closed down D4 came back a few minutes later to have a battlenet error message saying session had expired so I tried to log back in and for the last few hours nothing I’ve also tried the normal fixes but nothing works very frustrating

Did you try changing regions or using a VPN?

I’ve used battlenet for almost 16yrs and never had this issue from back in the day playing WoW till today and this is my first lockout of the launcher, never had the need to change anything even though I’ve changed my setup a few times over the years never had this.
Now I can log in on another pc on the same network within 10ft from my own rig its as if the DC has blocked my pc and I cant seem to unblock it.

1 Like

I’ve yet to experience this myself, so I’m thinking it might be related to some third-party security app or setting that players are using. My PC is completely free of bloatware and I have never installed a third-party security suite for Windows or my browsers.

I just ran into this issue this morning and these are the steps i used to fix the issue:

My account is tied to my Gmail, so i attempted to sign in using the Google Account sign in. It took me to the Blizzard website to link my Google Account. Once signed in on the web browser the Desktop Launcher App automatically signed me back in.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

been have the same problem for the last 3 days

1 Like

Two work-arounds have been found, but neither seems entirely ideal and to me there still seems to be some technical issue with the launcher that needs to be resolved.

Solution 1 - Found by Premo in another comment: I linked my Gmail to my Blizzard account, and signing in using the Gmail login rather than the Username and Password got me on to the Launcher.
It’s a little silly since my login username email and gmail were exactly the same. And the fact that I needed to link an account suggests to me that the issue is with the launcher login itself.

Solution 2 - On the login screen in the Settings (cog symbol) I selected “Continue without Logging In”.
This gave me access to the launcher, and from there I could open an individual game and login on the game’s menu.

As I said these feel like workarounds rather than fixes, as I still cannot login using my default email address and password on the launcher login page. So if a fix is in the works that would be greatly appreciated still!

2 Likes

ok so I tried both methods and neither helped I tried linking Gmail but I got the message saying I’m already logged in ‘but I can tell you I’m not logged in’ . which only gives me option to log out not continue any further.
2nd option of continuing offline gets me to launcher yes BUT I still cant access Diablo says that game is not available.

For the first option, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net launcher, to trick it into thinking you couldn’t be signed in already?

• Did clicking the Gmail button direct you to a browser to login? It should do that, then launch the launcher for you.

For the second I’m not sure how to help sorry. Diablo 3 and HOTS worked for me with this method.

I’ve uninstalled reinstalled twice still no luck and the Gmail option allowed my to open in browser but it keeps saying I’m already logged in and I have to log out to go any further but when I do I’m back to square 1.
And now I’m worse off cause I thought id just uninstall the games as well as they updated yesterday before the issue occurred so I was hoping that would help if their was any corrupted files , then log in and re DL the games but as I’m still here you can guess it hasn’t worked for me .

You can go into Offline mode and then just login from there. At least that worked for me. Didn’t need to tie my account to anything.

tried that but said I couldn’t access D4 or WoW … “this game in unavailable” is what i got when I moused over on them.
think I’ll take a break and come back to this in a few days BUT big thanks and thumbs up for those that came here and offered good advice much apricated.

Howdy Everyone,

If you have been experiencing this issue could you please get us LogGoblin Files for the Battle.net App. This will help us narrow down why this is happening.

Email: Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Bnet App stuck Logging in

Thank you!

I have been having the same issue for the past week. Star Craft II locks up on intro screen. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Have tried removing the Star Craft II folder from OneDrive syncing with no result. Emailed LogGoblin files.

Still suffering here.

Same. Star Craft II locks up on start up screen. Same for Diablo 3. Sucks!

Also running into this issue currently. How has there not been any update to this? I don’t get how this is taking so long to resolve.

• Sophos
  • MalwareBytes
  • Norton
  • Avast
  • DaVinci Resolve

All of these apps have been causing blocks on Blizzard games after the recent Bnet and game patches. The antivirus apps need to update their definitions, so if you don’t want to turn them off, you need to reach out to those companies. I have no idea why DaVinci caused an issue, but someone mentioned it in the in this forum.