[Main Thread] Battle.net App freezing my entire PC

Updated Nvidia driver to 452.X and its now working again.

Ah, alright I’ll give DDU a shot then.

Had to manually down load Geforce experience and update drivers. Works now.

it worked, so far is ok

I can confirm after downloading the latest NVIDIA driver it works again

** BATTLE.NET IS LOCKING UP MY ENTIRE COMPUTER** is also about this issue and User TADHKRob has noticed even without driver updates, disabling “Browser Hardware Acceleration” also fixes this

1 Like

Elbowkilla-Fixed thank you, you rock!
Updated driver and it works now.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Rhombus - Driver Crashes

Was able to run the Battle.net Launcher without the computer crashing after updating Nvidia drivers to 452.06.

Notably, prior to updating, the GeForce Experience application was lying and saying the drivers are up to date. They were not: the version was 432.something, and attempting to reinstall drivers from GeForce Experience gave the error “Download Failed”. I had to visit the Nvidia website and download the latest drivers from there.

Great job, Nvidia, on all fronts. :+1:t2::roll_eyes:

Disabling the browser hardware acceleration option was the fix for me. I just had to click out of the WoW tab before the video started loading. Any of the others load fine.

be sure to double check for a new video card driver update too, it seems to be a browser streaming issue with some video card setups

Elbowkilla fix worked for me perfectly!!! Thanks

1 Like

None of the above fixes worked for me including a DDU uninstall of existing drivers and clean install of latest Nvidia drivers.

1 Like

Make sure when you reinstall newest driver it actually installs the latest. I had to manually install latest since it kept redoing one from August. If that doesn’t work you might need a ticket put in and work around other options with Blizzard CS

Yep, updating my drivers did the trick. Thanks, folks!

I have been having this issue and i ran bnet through program compatibility trouble shoot and that worked at first i thought there was something wrong with my computer lol

Battle.net suddenly did not remember me and started freezing my PC today as soon as i logged in - note I did NOT update anything.

Anyhow, downloaded latest Nvidia drivers and that fixed it. Battle.bet app reset on its own and i had to re-locate the game files/folder.

1 Like

While updating the driver to 452.06 seems to have solved the total freeze, I still am having the issue where the Battle.Net launcher will fail to update the “main area”. That is, where it normally displays the news and videos related to whatever game is selected.

Choosing a new game on the left side will update the background, but the news will be from the previous game. On a fresh launch it seems to be fine but after a while of being open in the background, it happens. Only started after this whole issue.

Edit: Still giving TDR errors in windows with Battle.net. It just doesn’t freeze. Check reliability monitor.

Hey guys I am having the same issue. Upon opening the battle.net app, if I click on it at all, my computer freezes for about 60 seconds then I get a blue screen of death. I use 500gb Western Digital solid state drive and Windows 10. I have updated all drivers and firmware + reset the whole thing because I thought it was a problem with my own SSD. Glad to see that others are sharing the same problem. I can run Steam games just fine, so I think the issue might be on Blizz’s end. Hope there is a solution soon.

I should add - my GPU is an ASUS GeForce RTX. I am not using NVIDIA as the others have stated.