Loading CoD Modern Warfare stuck on “game running”

Whenever I log onto blizzard and launch CoD. It says launching, then game is running. It gets stuck on that and the game doesn’t show up on any of my monitors. In task manager, it shows CoD is actually open but doesn’t show the screen. Please if someone could help me, it’s started doing this yesterday evening and the funny thing is is that I was playing in the afternoon and when I took a break and got back on. Then it started acting up. Earlier in that day I updated my Nvidia but the game was running smoothly through out the day. It only broke in the evening after playing like 3-4 hours of it

4 Likes

Hey man, this exact thing happened to me last week. I was booted from the game and have had the games running’ issue ever since!

Hi there,

About a week ago, I was booted from Warzone, the game froze and glitched out - so I had to quit MW. When I tried to relaunch the game, I was met with ‘game running’ - but the game doesn’t actually show up. It’s there in my task manager, but my PC isn’t actually booting the game from the Blizzard launcher.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both MW and Battlenet, still no luck - and I’m still met with ‘game running’ - and that’s it.

This issue seems to have become fairly prevalent in the past week or so, if anyone could assist, I’d be really grateful!

Thanks for your time.

Blizzard Technical Support is only able to offer support for install and patch issues for partnered games. For the issue with the game not launching, please contact Activision Support or refer to the Modern Warfare forums.

Enter your Call of Duty Modern Warfare files, and delete ModernWarfareLauncher.exe and ModernWarfare.exe, restart your Blizzard and press play. Problem Solved!

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

6 Likes