Lifedust - Battle.net Disconnections

had to delete this .

Lifedust, I went ahead and moved this over to its own thread, since the other one was inactive for almost a year. I went ahead and separated the other user as well since you both are kind different areas, that I’d like to look into these situations separately.

Thanks for including the WinMTR test! Is your battle.net set on the Americas region? I see that you’re in Europe, so it would be more appropriate to use eu.actual.battle.net for the WinMTR test. Could you re-run the test using the appropriate authentication host?

Lifedust,

Looking your issue over, it seems like you’re dropping a lot of packets after your PC leaves your router. If you have a separate router/modem, it is probably the connection between the two. If you have a combo device, it’s likely the connection between your router and ISP.

Like I mentioned in the other thread I posted in with you in it, let’s try a quick power cycle of your router/modem. If that fails, re run the test until you DC from battle.net and check the second line here. If there’s anything but a 0 or 1 in the % column, you want to contact your ISP to troubleshoot the connection. They may need to replace your router/modem.

Lifedust,

With a WinMTR like that, I cannot help you any further until after you address the packet loss with your ISP. Despite the fact that other people can have connection issues with you at the same time, this specific issue is almost guaranteed to be related to one of the things that I mentioned above. The reason I say this is that your packet loss cascades through the entire test. This tells us it isn’t just a router ignoring some packets. One of the first two devices in your connection path is failing to correctly send a large number of data packets, which is a surefire way to end up with disconnections from our services. Even 1% packet loss is enough to cause this, but it looks like you’re dropping 2-4% over the course of longer term tests.

Battle.net requires you to maintain a stable connection in order to keep connected to the app. If you fix the issue causing that packet loss with your ISP and still have problems, we can look into this in more detail, just send a new WinMTR. However, until it is handled, there’s nothing else we will do because it would be a waste of time given this evidence.

The problem is the Battlenet app please realize that! Theres a ton of us with the same probleam and we are all from different regions, please fix it beacuse the app keeps disconecting and we cant play. Also please stop blaming our internete because thats not the problem eventhough seem like it. Just belive in what we say, its the battlenet app that has a problem and randomly disconnects every minute

Not universally.

In the case of the MTR above, the evidence is clear: the entire trip between Lifedust
and Bliz is riddled with connection errors. I’ve seen other MTRs with similar packet loss issues around the forms as well. So we can’t unequivocally claim that it’s an issue with Bliz. There is very overt evidence that it can be internet related.

It may not be “your” internet that is causing the problem. There’s far, far more to the internet than the tiny piece that you can control and the tiny piece the Bliz can control. The vast, vast majority of the connection is made up of 3rd party hardware which are shared among miliions of people. So it’s not uncommon to have a bunch of players experiencing this disconnection issue. It just means that all those who are having issues are being routed through the 3rd party pieces that are having issues.

For example, I use the launcher as much as the next player, however, I do not have any problems with disconnections. So if the launcher works properly, even for some, the issue can lay elsewhere.

1 Like