Lets Talk Throttling

So when the api was created in its current form we where given limits of 36,000 requests per hour at a rate of 100 requests per second. With how the api use to work having the ability to call all of a characters fields in one call this was manageable, Yet now 1 call is now 9 at minimum to get most of a characters data and most items creatures and spells require 2 sometimes 3 calls to get the full data.

Given this i would ask if it would be possible to discuss these limits for us, as users, making it more accessible to make update calls for large guilds (mine currently has over 950 members).

i am in no way complaining but with the current digest the current limits can be exceeded rather quickly now and many api users will get throttled.

Thanks, Ulminia

3 Likes

Maybe supporting a Graph API on top of the REST API may provide more utility to the developers who are actually working off of it? I get that keeping things referenced by IDs makes sense for storage, but it’s not really inline with how this data is used by clients. A graph/relational layer for API data would be much more appropriate for the aggregation and display of data on client interfaces.