Launcher deleting games from PC

Hello. I seem to have found a rare case (only found old threads on this) of games being deleted from the Launcher without any reason. I first came upon this error when I resarted the App after a few months, since I did not play any games at that time. At this time, the games HotS and D3 should have been installed on the PC, since those two where played by me (or at least installed for later use) before.
When I logged in a few weeks back to install WoW again, not a single game was found on my PC, not even in my folders. Since I was not sure if I actually did uninstall the games (and did not want to play them anyway) I did not care much, but was a bit confused.
Today I wanted to login into WoW, which I played yesterday evening for the last time. When I loged into the launcher, the app told me it was “fetching data …/144”. Since it took more than 5 minutes (which is way too long for this ammount), I guessed it got stuck somewhere so I paused the process and resumed it. First, it got stuck on “Waiting for another Update”, so I restarted again. Now it was loading faster and finaly went to “Downloading 4.44 MB…” which took another eternety again so I did another pause and even restart of the App, since I found a “solution” of the “bug” in your forum ( Close app, Task manager, stop the Updater Agend.exe, restart). When I relogged into the Battlenet app, WoW told me to “Install” the game… I searched the folder it was installed in and it was simply gone without a trace.
I reinstalled the app now and can give some information on the differences I found.
The “old” Launcher folder had three different Battle.net.numbers in the folder, one folder was added when I installed WoW and the game was the only data in this one (cant remeber the number since it disappeared). Other than that, it had two differrent folders which seemed to be the Launcher data, since they where rather different in content but existed nontheless.
The “new” Launcher I installed today had only one folder (Battle.net.12437). WoW is not being installed on a different drive from me.
Was there a Problem with the different folder “versions” in the old one? Dont want to reinstall my games every now and then when the App got a hickup on some updates or whatever…

1 Like

Howdy Gekko,

There haven’t been any issues with the Blizzard app deleting games. This typically happens when there is permission problems preventing the Blizzard app from saving files. Make sure that the Blizzard app is being run as Admin.