Jackleg - Temporary Restrictions due to Cogent Communications IP

I’ve had the same problem. They closed my ticket without telling me what I did wrong. I waited the two weeks, tried to log in again and still banned. I haven’t even played the game recently. No explanation, just banned. I feel your pain.

Jackleg,

I think I see why you’re still having problems. Sorry for any confusion previously. Looking at your access history, you appear to have an IP address flagged as “Cogent Communications”. If you look up your own IP address online you should see this flagging. Cogent is an enterprise/business ISP which does not provide ISP service to individuals to the best of my knowledge. (All of their online documentation suggests that they only lease to other businesses.)

Usually when I see this it’s because the user is on a business network, which is not allowed for security reasons. See this article for more information. The other situation happens if you are being leased an IP address from cogent for some reason instead of a residential IP address. This can happen if the ISP acquires a block of new IP addresses but doesn’t get them renamed. I would contact your Internet Service Provider if you’re connecting from home with no VPN/Proxy/etc and still having this error. You’ll need to have them lease you a residential IP address, or talk to somebody who can get the information on your IP updated.