Item Appearance and Transmog APIs

Lok’tar Ogar!

We are pleased to announce the newly added Item Appearance and Character Transmog Collection APIs to the WoW community! Please use these endpoints to explore collected item and item set appearances.

Game Data API

Item Appearance:
/data/wow/item-appearance/{appearanceId}
/data/wow/search/item-appearance
/data/wow/item-appearance/set/index
/data/wow/item-appearance/set/{appearanceSetId}
/data/wow/item-appearance/slot/index
/data/wow/item-appearance/slot/{slotType}

Profile API

Account Profile API:
/profile/user/wow/collections
/profile/user/wow/collections/transmogs

Character Collections API:
/profile/wow/character/{realmSlug}/{characterName}/collections
/profile/wow/character/{realmSlug}/{characterName}/collections/transmogs

In addition, a new item.appearances property has been added to the Item API with links to relevant appearances.

These endpoints are available in the static-{region} and profile-{region} namespaces respectively. See the World of Warcraft Namespaces Documentation for more information.

To explore these endpoints further, please reference our official API documentation on the Developer Portal (see WoW Game Data API Reference and WoW Profile API Reference).

3 Likes

Hey, thanks a lot for this. I have been waiting for it and to see Item Display ID finally in you new Item Appearance API :slight_smile:

I see that on Item API we can see all possible appearances for an item. Are we also able to get Item Appearance Modifier ID with Appearance ID please <3

1 Like

{appearanceId} for the new /data/wow/item-appearance/{appearanceId} API is listed as a string type on the documentation page (Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal). Should that be integer instead?

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you API team. I had written off that you would ever do this, or frankly that the WoW API was even still getting serviced, but you sure proved me wrong!

I haven’t fully dug in yet, and perhaps this changed with TWW/Warbands, but I was looking to understand the relationship between distinct visual appearances; the appearance sources that grant them (often multiple sources for one appearance); and the mapping of items to appearance sources (where the same item_id often comes in multiple flavors like normal, heroic, mythic, etc., where each flavor grants a different appearance source.)

Based on a quick scan am I right that the new API returns distinct appearance ids; does not return appearance source ids (ItemModifiedAppearanceId); and returns item_ids but without the corresponding ItemModId that indicates which flavor the item is and therefore which appearance source it is / which appearance it grants?

Or has the fundamental data schema for all this changed in TWW anyway?

Are those visualization somehow accessible outside of the game or this is only viable for addon creation ?