Is there an identifier for rate limits in the response headers?

A few years ago when I last used the API - I think there was a header that was returned that had the usage for the rate limiting so I could identify if I was close to any caps. I don’t see that as an option now in the responses I am using. Is there a parameter that I need to pass? Or do I need to create something internally for monitoring outgoing responses and tracking rate limiting?

I don’t remember such header, but creating your own mechanism for rate limiting is a good idea specially when you want to create quotas for certain operations, lets say 10% of total limit can be used for game data operations, 80% for profile, and so on.

The only rate limit response you’ll get as far as I know is the HTTP 429 code when you reach the limit.

1 Like

Thanks for the validation! I wanted to check early on before I got too deep into some functional patterns.

People have been asking for a dashboard or something that allow us to see token usage for a long time on the old forums, so I don’t think there is any other way right now.

If you are familiar with Redis or some other caching mechanism you can easily implement a thread safe counter for managing quota.

1 Like

Yes, Redis was exactly what I was thinking about using!