Is there a way to install old launcher?

It might have an impact if enough of us gave Blizzard direct feedback through the option to do so in the desktop app itself. In the forums, it’s a bit like blowing in the wind.

2 Likes

This interface is a piece of garbage. An ugly garbage nontheless.

3 Likes

I find no problems with the launcher. My wife is not even close to being a computer player she is more an Ipad user and she can figure out the new Launcher.

It isn’t about using it, it is about the unwanted features and how it is uncustomizable ( like advertising games unrelated to the game page you have open, the forced to stay open friends tab that is undockable, the layout in general is haphazard at best, heck to see what the current season of d3 is all about I had to scroll needlessly past cod adverts but up top atleast they advertised d2 remake up top)
Tbh they should have a “use old layout option”, this same crud is why I only open steam to auto update my games and just use shortcuts to start my games, it smacks of Activision greed forcing blizzard to make changes no one wants, y do you think destiny pulled out of the Activision riddled blizzard Corp?

3 Likes

Sorry mate, no it didnt. That is wrong.

if you read different reviews by different companies on bn 2.0, its one of the “benefits” they point out.

It is very clear that a narrative of ads are being pushed. Once you click to d2, sc2, or whatever you will see ads and posts from other games. Nobody likes the idea of being pushed things down your throat

Besides its a poor decision from a design POV to “just” reduce" the size of the browser by dragging on the corners of it, just to minimize the size and amount of adds. You could as well just close your left eye and then just say “you see less now” lol, smh :wink:.

Its a poor attempt of “new thinking” UI / launcher. Its a poor rip of RIOT with a mix of steam in it. Like many things in life, less is more. Here we have too much in too little space, and on top of that you give people no customization, which is mind-blowing giving what a big company Blizz is, and its the year 2021.

Like many people have pointed out, you cant detect the friends list from the browser, which makes me wonder if you have critical thinking people behind the project. Im stunned by the lack of creative and lack lust work effort. I am blaming whoever is calling the shots.

Its literally made me rethink, if I wanna keep supporting blizz, which has been my go to company for years.

3 Likes

hi einfach bei einstellungen zuletzt geöffnete spielseite einstellen

2 Likes

I want just a “game launcher,” not an ad filled hog.

1 Like

We should at least be given the ability to disable it. Admittedly, it doesn’t seem like it was a feature worth investing developer resources into, but I don’t own the company, so y’all do you.

Personally, I’m cool with the extra click if it means having a cleaner UI, but that may just be me.

Potential solutions:

A) Allow us to turn it off
B) Remove the feature completely

Thanks!

1 Like