IP Ban? "Battle.net is not responding"

Good Afternoon,

As many of us are I am quarantined at home and I have been playing a lot of d2 recently and I got the message " Battle.net is not responding. Please try connecting again in a few minutes." This has been really upsetting because now I literally have nothing to do. I even we as far as to buy a new digital copy of the game and still it wont let me play. I was reading online that this is some sort of a IP BAN and I was just wondering how long this Ban is going to be. especially since the new ladder season is right around the corner and I was finally looking forward to playing it.

PLEASE HELP ME BLIZ!!!

Thanks.

**Edit Account is

Jxj33@USEAST - I have a long history with D2 and Really don’t want to see almost a decade worth of gaming go away.

if you have a VPN (virtual private network) like NORD running blizzard servers auto ban you for like 2 days the first attempt. further attempts increase the ban up to permanent. A common misconception is this being due to botting however it has much more to do with blizzard attempting to maintain server side stability.

I believe another cause could be due to your IP being zoned to commercial or something like that in which case blizzard flags and auto bans the IP like a VPN if this is the case you have to contact your Internet provider and have it changed to residential.

(the workaround)

Several ways to change your IP if you have indeed been ip banned I’ll lay a few out.

1. type (192.168.1.1) by default in like a webpage to bring up router info login should be something easy like Admin // Password for NetGear or blank you can look up the login info if you have to. Once open click on internet scroll down to Router MAC address and change from default to “use this PC mac address” or you can set your own if you know all the ones hooked up to your router. click apply your internet will restart and walla! new IP address!

2. Turn off or unplug your router 5 minutes then plug it back in. You should have a new IP if not you may have to leave it off overnight and try again the next day.

3. use a Proxy server these usually cost money to get access to and require tech literate people to operate let me know if steps 1-2 work if not I can start walking you through this process.

im having this issue for more then month only on USEAST.

i found somebody online that said the same happened to him, only useast, and installing latest windows10 updates fixed it for him.

you might want to try to restart your router; which i haven’t tried yet while its been over a month.

We are a few using this Router, and restarting it could cause issue, and would have to be planned. I am also wondering if its a BAN of some sort, since i believe i used a 3rd party software somewhere, but not at the moment of becoming unable to join useast at all.

Steven

Thanks everyone for your help, The ban still has not lifted :frowning: and the new ladder season in here. This kinda sucks!!! I wish someone could at least tell me how long the ban is?? Being stuck in the house with Covid is bad enough and not getting to play your fav game is ever worse!! I tried just about everything however with AT&T it seems the only way to get a new IP is thru them and it cost and extra 15$ a month!! so lame, I tried to do that however there seems to be a problem with my connection and they need to send a tech out to fix it to get a new IP?? weird haha, but I cant have a tech at my house right now because I have covid !!! so unfair… and tell me how long the ban is!!!

If the restriction was a result of VPN use, it lasts 14 days (to the second) from the last VPN connection attempt.

On a side note, publically broadcasting your IP is a very bad idea. You may want to edit it out of your post. Bliz has all the necessary information on their side.

How do I know what the restriction was a result of? what happened was I installed an old vers of d2 on my other computer. (found an old copy of the game at my parents house) and the second I logged in it disc. me and I haven’t been able to play since. Is there a way to search what caused the ban?

Please and thank you

There isn’t anything you can look up yourself. You can try submitting a support ticket to ask if Support can see what the cause was (and the end date/time).