Intermittent Drops... Error code: BLZBNTBGS000003F8

Main Issue: I have been having an issue when playing Call of Duty Warzone on PC where I am randomly losing my connection to the Blizzard game launcher/server, error code: BLZBNTBGS000003F8.

Precursor:
I have read this: Having Problems with Call of Duty? Read this first! and this is not a Call of Duty issue, the issue is with the desktop app/launcher.

Details: This error code and drop in connection happens usually once or twice a night over the span of 4-8 hours and is completely random. I am hardwired in. I used to have a roommate who would be playing COD:Warzone on Xbox at the same time as me on wifi and he has never experienced this drop despite being on same internet. He has since moved out and only I am on the internet now. The drop in connection does not drop my actual internet from my PC but only disconnects me from Blizzard. I have ran ping and internet connectivity tests in background during gameplay and when just sitting on the launcher with no game launched and I’ve had no drops to my ISP.

Is this an issue with my firewall and the Blizzard launcher? If so why would it only block it sporadically? If not that, then I’d greatly appreciate any help as would countless others I’ve seen posting on here since March.

And yes, I have followed all of the listed steps here: Disconnected from Blizzard Services - Blizzard Support

1 Like

Howdy bHundley,

When it comes to Call of Duty, Blizzard Technical Support is only able to offer support for installing and patching CoD.

We cannot assist with connection issues with Modern Warfare as you are connecting to the Activision servers. To clarify though, the BLZBNTBGS000003F8 error is a generic disconnect error message. This has nothing to do with the Blizzard app and you can in fact close the Blizzard app while playing CoD without any problems.

For this issue, please contact Activision Support.