Installing Battle.net offline

I install Windows from scratch once a year, and whenever necessity dictates. All installations are done offline. There is no internet access.

The installation process is scripted. I start it, come back an hour later and Windows, all apps, programs, drivers, tweaks and configurations are completed.

Except for battle.net. I then have to manually install it on 10 PCs.

Surely there is a better way? I cannot find anything on offline installs/installers.

Can I just back up the program folders, localappdata, appdata, programdata and registry settings from a PC installed with battle.net then just restore it next time I rebuild the PC.

In place upgrades are NEVER and will NEVER be done.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Citizen1138x,

While I can’t see the use case for a fully offline battle.net application, what you’re mentioning should work as long as you restore them properly. That said, we don’t support this directly since copying the files over can sometimes break things. You may need to snag a new install on at least one machine and copy over from that one.

We wont be attempting to use it offline. But the installation of everything is done offline for a multitude of reasons.

I was actually thinking I would have to touch all 10 PCs once. back up their configuration. The script knows who it is installing for, so it can grab the files specific to them. So from then on it’s reusable.

Once the PC is later connected to the Internet, Battle.net should auto update.

1 Like

Gotcha gotcha, you CAN do that, but as mentioned earlier this is a bit more advanced than typical users will do with their installs and if something gets missed it may break the install and force them to redownload when they go online. Quick question - is this for a gaming cafe or something of that nature?

No, home scenario. I’m an ex-I.T. person and we have lots of PCs and other connected devices. I’m all about automation. I hate doing stuff that takes hours over and over.

EDIT: restore program files, restore the battle.net folders listed above, then merge the registry entries. That would be my methodology. Can only try it and see it if works :slight_smile:

Okay, fair! Then that’s the extent of the advice I can give you in this regard. Theoretically all of this should work and it should even save some cached data for you. You likely wouldn’t need 10 different builds unless they’re all getting installed in different places - you could just back up one clean install, but whatever method works best for you with this should work as long as everything copies over cleanly. Best of luck with the installs!

Thanks.

They all get installed to D:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.Net.

But I figured these might be specific to each user and thought I’d take a per user approach…

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Identity]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Launch Options\WTCG\AccountState]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Launch Options\WTCG\Account]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\UnifiedAuth]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Blizzard Error\UserUUID]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\LocalBattlenetCertificate]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\LocalBattlenetPrivatekey]

Thanks for your assistance and speedy replies.

Thanks for this - I’m about to deploy battle.net to 30 school computers and was looking for an offline installer, but this will do.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.