Installation just spins logo and no start install button

I just upgraded to a new PC and have to re-download COD MW onto it. I have the Blizzard app running and am logged in. When I try to install, I click Install, and then I get the spash screen for the Call of Duty: MW Installation. It has the spinning logo and that is it. The “Start Install” button is grayed out still.

I turned off Norton 360 and my Norton firewall (Windows firewall is off because of Norton’s firewall.)

I re-tried by going to my blizzard account and it downloaded the Modern-Warfare-Setup.exe file but that just brings up a different screen and sits in the same place doing nothing.

I left it and it has been this way for two hours now.

I get no errors and no other information.

UPDATE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I continued my troubleshooting onward to the network because, well, it is a new PC. The motherboard has an Aquantia 10G NIC connected to a 10G switch on the LAN. I checked and the switch was set to 10G and the NIC was set to auto. Setting the NIC to 10G fixed the issue (some NICs don’t like to mix auto negotiation and a fixed speed). It was strange because I was able to download and install Steam games and other programs OK just not anything from my Blizzard Account (so far.)

I also turned off Receive Segment (IPV4) Coalescing as I read that caused others problems with the Aquantia 10G uploads.

OS10# show interface ethernet 1/1/51
Ethernet 1/1/51 is up, line protocol is up
Description: Desktop 10G
Hardware is Eth, address is d8:9e:f3:a1:89:d3
    Current address is d8:9e:f3:a1:89:d3
Pluggable media present, SFP+ type is SFP+ 10GBASE-SR
    Wavelength is 850
Interface index is 62
Internet address is not set
Mode of IPv4 Address Assignment: not set
Interface IPv6 oper status: Disabled
MTU 9216 bytes, IP MTU 9184 bytes
LineSpeed 10G, Auto-Negotiation off
Flowcontrol rx on tx off

PS C:\Users\me> Get-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty “Ethernet 3”

Name                      DisplayName                    DisplayValue                   RegistryKeyword RegistryValue
----                      -----------                    ------------                   --------------- -------------
Ethernet 3                Energy-Efficient Ethernet      Disabled                       *EEE            {0}
Ethernet 3                Flow Control                   Tx Enabled                     *FlowControl    {1}
Ethernet 3                Interrupt Moderation           Enabled                        *InterruptMo... {1}
Ethernet 3                IPv4 Checksum Offload          Rx & Tx Enabled                *IPChecksumO... {3}
Ethernet 3                Jumbo Packet                   9014 Bytes                     *JumboPacket    {9014}
Ethernet 3                Large Send Offload V1 (IPv4)   Enabled                        *LsoV1IPv4      {1}
Ethernet 3                Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4)   Enabled                        *LsoV2IPv4      {1}
Ethernet 3                Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6)   Enabled                        *LsoV2IPv6      {1}
Ethernet 3                Maximum number of RSS Queues   8 Queues                       *NumRssQueues   {8}
Ethernet 3                ARP Offload                    Disabled                       *PMARPOffload   {0}
Ethernet 3                NS Offload                     Disabled                       *PMNSOffload    {0}
Ethernet 3                Priority & VLAN                Priority & VLAN Enabled        *PriorityVLA... {3}
Ethernet 3                Receive Buffers                512                            *ReceiveBuffers {512}
Ethernet 3                Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv4) Disabled                       *RscIPv4        {0}
Ethernet 3                Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv6) Enabled                        *RscIPv6        {1}
Ethernet 3                Receive Side Scaling           Enabled                        *RSS            {1}
Ethernet 3                TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (I... Rx & Tx Enabled                
Ethernet 3                Link Speed                     10G                            LinkSpeed       {1}
1 Like

Deleting C:/ProgramData/Battle.net folder solved this issue for me.

Closed the app and made sure it was not running in the background, then delete the folder and restarted the app. Game started downloading a few seconds after clicking the button to “Install” again.

2 Likes