I need help linking my blizzard and activision accounts

Had the exact same issue for the past week. Activison support ended to telling me to contact Blizzard support. This is annoying. I just want to play the game that I bought. :confused:

Having same exact issue, bought the game yesterday and havent been able to play since. My activision account I’ve gotten linked to every single other platform except Battle.net, I do the confirmation code and then get told Im being taken to the Battlenet login page, and then get the “Previous action failed, close overlay” error.

I have tried from 2 phones on cell service, wifi, PC (platform im using) wired ethernet, renew ip, and tried using my vpn. Even connected phone hotspot to try in browser, still no luck. also made a new Activision account to try, and same thing. I have gotten like 40 new confirmation codes over the past 24 hours, and just can not link with battle.net AT ALL.

Battle.net app is fine, account is in good standing and active. This is really annoying, I’ve tried every fix i’ve seen

I’m having the exact same issue. Just received my PC yesterday, looking to play Warzone for the first time on PC, and can’t even link my newly created Battle Net account to my Activision Account. No matter the device I try this on, I’m getting the exact error “Previous action failed, close overlay”. Smh

Found a possible FIX!!! Came across a reddit thread asking about this exact issue and someone found a work around, haven’t tried myself yet but others saying it works.

The short answer is that in the battle.net app on your PC (not the website, but the program that you run the game from) will show a prompt when you first try to run the game that tells you something like “make a new activision account to play or skip and login later”. You want to select SKIP. Once the game opens it will ask you in game to login to your Activision account which you can then do and it should work.

I don’t know of a way to get that prompt to show up again since I already clicked past it when I first opened the game but someone said they downloaded Warzone and it was their first time opening the game so it gave them the same prompt (click login later, login once you get in game). You don’t have to play warzone ofc but just get into the game enough to login to your activision account. (i’m downloading warzone now to see if it works for me)

shoutout to burro on reddit if this works!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. Tried logging out of battlenet as game was opening and still somehow kept me logged in. They just need to fix it so we can hook up and sync our accounts (in my case Xbox) so we can use our new PCs. Pretty damn annoying

Amazing to see the amount of people with the same problem. Really hope they come up with a solution since I’m having the same issues

Downloaded warzone and opened it. Got stuck in the connection screen after like 20 mins and then I closed/reopened the game and got the Activision login immediately. Entered my info and went through the game setup process (game had to restart due to an update but it’s w/e cause I’m trying to fix my account for Blackops Coldwar). But after opening coldwar this 100% works and I already played some zombies. THIS IS YOUR FIX until Activision fixes their website linking process

Having the exact same issue, tried all fixes I could find. Now have an open ticket with Activision, getting nowhere. It would be great if Blizzard could advise the steps to clear the “linking” within the game so we can re-setup the activision integration, or if activision can clear the flag on their end. I have also shared this topic link with the activision support guy.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

I’m on console (Xbox SX). I’m trying to link my activision account to battlenet, every time i do it, just says error. Anyone know a work around for console?

I got a reply from support today.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching Activision Support. My name is Jay and I am here to help!

I understand that you are trying to link your Battlenet to your Activision account. Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause.

I was checking and it seems the studio is already aware of the issue and currently looking for a possible solution. As of the moment, there’s no estimated time for a possible solution.
In the meantime, the linking of Battlenet to Activision is currently unavailable. I’ll recommend you to keep an eye on the social media to find more information, more specific on the following link from our official account on Twitter

We will let you know once we have this resolved. In the meantime, please provide us with the following information so we can get back to you once we have this issue resolve.

Email Address:
Battlenet ID you are trying to link:

Thanks for understanding. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need help with anything else in the future. Have a great day!

Regards,

​​​​​​​
Jonas Jay G.
Activision Player Support

while im happy they confirmed its a known issue, i mean…come on, 65 dollars aint cheap, i dont even know if the game is gona even run good on my new PC, let alone waiting to even be able to log in

1 Like

this actually worked for me since i never even launched the game from Battlenet as i was just trying to do it through the call of duty website to link them. I can now play Warzone!

Anybody have a timeline for this problem? Been going on a week

I finally was able to link my accounts this morning. I had a open ticket with Activation for it. They responded with some stupid things to try so I gave them a very detailed explanation on what was going on and what I was seeing . This morning I went to try again and it linked first try and I can play now. I have no idea if or what they did to fix the issue, if anything, but it works now.

Finally it worked. See you Guys on the Battlefield!

Worked today for me too, linking went right through. Let’s Get It!

1 Like

I’m still unable to unlink my battlenet account from one to link it up with my Xbox on another

This also fixed mine, thanks for the advice. Spent 3 days trying to figure it out on their garbage website.

i have sorta the same issue but i got logged out of blizzard one day logged back in and somehow made a new account now im locked out of the new blizzard account my original account i can still log into but when i try to play warzone it says my account is linked to a different account of the same type but cant log into it to delete or anything

See ya mate. Cant wait