I can't reply to my ticket

I’m trying to change my name and go through the absurd process of changing my last name and it won’t let me respond to my ticket. I’ve provided my legal billing address with the proof that I OWN my own house with my name on the deed as public information that matches my billing address but Blizzard refuses to accept it as “Proof”. They don’t care where their payments are billed to, but want all your PII.

What do I do? I’m about to cancel my account.

If you can’t re-open a ticket, you can open a new one, then start it by referencing the previous ticket number. That lets a GM continue the conversation.

We are required to create our accounts in our legal names, and changing that legal name requires legal documents. Marriage, divorce, adoption, court facilitated name change. Further, your agreement to the EULA is a contract - and contracts by and large assign legal responsibility to a person using their legal name.

Blizzard requires the legal name change documents verifying the original name on the account, has been changed to the new legal name you wish to use.

Blizzard does not allow the transfer of accounts between different people for any reason, and sadly some people try to get around that. Hence requiring the actual legal name change documentation. They don’t just let people change the name on the contract however they wish.

Correct. The payment info does not need to match the legal name on the account. A parent can use their card to pay for a child. A spouse can hand you their card to pay for your game. A friend, if they really trusted you, could give you their card info to put on your account.

The only name that matters on an account is the legal name the account was created under. That name defines who the account holder is.

Thanks for responding. Considering my name on my account has not been my legal name for nearly 10 years out of the extreme hassle of changing it I guess I’ve been breaking the EULA for years.

It won’t let me even create a new ticket, it keeps saying I cannot do that with a red banner.

I’ve been through 3 GMs that can’t read notes on the ticket and keep asking if I want to change the country.

It’s not worth providing documentation to a company who I have no idea how secure they keep their documents for PII.

Anyways, I have cancelled my subscription, hopefully others will find it easier in the future to deal with Blizzard support which has taken a nosedive. Good luck to everyone else.