I cant log in Help

Heres the thing i lost my phone and i used a random gmail to creater my account in battle net so i just changed my pc and i cant authenticate my account because i cant log in that gmail and i dont have that phone number anymore so i really need to remove the authenticator

PD this is not the account i just created this one

You are going to have to submit a ticket, along with ID to have CS help you change the information on the account to an updated email, Remove the Auth, and change the phone number.

Fair warning that ticket times are over a 2 weeks for an answer right now, and even then, they may ask for more documentation.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/974

Info on Govt Issued ID

Please address issue with my main account. Ticket ID US90926521 remove authenticator. For account with email address pathkutter@ hotmail. com. I have already provided verified documents and recived a response. And my response in the form of a new ticket with reference id have been ignored for 72 hours now.

Issue ID: #90926521

A Game Master set the status of your ticket to “Need More Info”, and left the following response:

Hello Kevin!

This is GM Iehiideelp reporting to duty. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment!

Upon reading your request, I understand that you’re having some challenges with your account. Sorry to hear about this, and we’re here to help you fix everything.

After reviewing your answers, we have verified the ownership of your account successfully. (★ù★)/
Kindly note: when responding back, respond in a new ticket, and you have to mention the ticket ID which is: US90926521 in order for us to identify the case, and help you accordingly.

We look forward to hearing back from you, and we’ll be happy to assist you. Until then, have a great rest of the day. ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

Best Regards,
Iehiideelp

The only thing that’s left now is to know exactly the action you want us to take on your account, and we’ll be so glad to help.

Please reply to this ticket if you want to remove the authenticator, perform a password reset, or the change any personal details on your account’s information.