I can't install D2 or LOD

I can’t install D2 or LOD in their classic versions

I downloaded both games a few days ago, I tried to install them with administrator permissions but the installation does not continue from the installer

It appears to me as if I had it already installed, but I could never install it, it does not allow me

Hi,

Are you getting an error message ?

Or does it just stop and exit to Windows ?

absolutely nothing appears.

I only run the installer, its window appears, the install button does not appear, but it appears as if it was already installed and it only says play the game

I don’t see any error code

when running the program it only gives me the option to play the game, but it does not say the text to install

the installer does not exit, it stays open as if it were already installed, if I wanted to close it I would have to do it by pressing the X button on the window

Hi again,

Is your installer window the same as mine on my screenshot here:   https://i.imgur.com/IF375DZ.jpg   ?
(copy the link in your browser to view it)

Perhaps the game or part of it is already installed ? The default folder for the game is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II; does that folder exist on your PC ? If it does, is it empty ? is there a file called “Diablo II.exe” in that folder ?

On my screenshot, you can see that there is a “Uninstall” button to the right of the “Exit Installer” button… does your installer have a “Uninstall” button ?

Have you converted your original CD-Key (16 characters) into the new 26-character format yet ? You will need to do that before installing Diablo II… See the “I am installing online” section of this support note:

Yes! it worked!

The game was badly uninstalled, I just deleted the folders, there was no problem with the CD key, I got it from my internet account.

Now it only remains to see how to update, it does not allow me to enter Battle.net from the game, I have version 1.14B

thank you very much for your help!!!

1 Like

Hi,

That’ great… Good job !!

=======================================================================================

The current game version is 1.14D.

Updating, in theory, is done by logging on Battle.Net (US East seems to be down atm, but you can use any of the 4 gateways). I could never get that working… Asia almost worked once… but crashed at the end of the update.

If you have the same problem, you need to update your game manually… there are obscure instructions on this support note : Blizzard Support - How to Install Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

What it says is to copy the appropriate link in a new tab/window of your browser, followed by Enter , to download the update:

• Windows : http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/LODPatch_114d.exe
  • Mac : http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/Mac/LOD_Patcher_114d.app.zip

I’m on Windows 10 & Google Chrome… and the patch got downloaded in my Downloads folder.

Let me know how that goes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.