I cannot install battle.net (BLZBNTAGT000008FC)

I cannot install battle.net. It either gets stuck before choosing a file location or I get the error message: BLZBNTAGT000008FC. I have tried resetting router, resetting cable modem, adding another administrator account, deleting battle.net directories, pausing my antivirus/firewall, deleting my VPN software, resetting the PC. None of this has worked. I think the only recommended action I have yet to try is hardwiring into the router. I would find this very difficult and I doubt it would do much as my WIFI speed/connection strength is very good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Apologies about the previous thread hijack, I failed to read the forum rules :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You mentioned removing a VPN program. Is that something that you had a subscription for? If so, is that something you can enable and test the installation with?

Hi Zhyxen, thanks for your reply. I have tried installing with the VPN on (it is something I have a subscription for). The installer doesn’t crash but doesn’t seem to install anything either.

It is currently stuck on “Updating Blizzard Agent”

I’ve been having ridiculous problems as well… I’ve done everything above as well as making sure the system is up to date (drivers, OS, etc…). The regular setup file won’t even run when downloaded, and the alternate setup download makes it to “downloading files” before i get an error message. I’ve been working on this for two days, and it’s extremely infuriating.

Alex,

If the VPN failed for this error I would still try hardwiring in - even temporarily. If this works, it’s probably wifi stability. “Fast” doesn’t necessarily equate to “Stable” and with a streaming installer, “Stable” is the one you need. If this fails, please create a WinMTR test which catches one of these issues. You want to run the test for about 5 minutes while having patch issues. Once you’ve caught one red handed, export the test as text and copy/paste it into your next post. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

Hi, thanks for the response. I will be able to test hardwiring my PC at the weekend. I will update as to how it goes. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Ok, so I can’t reply more than once in a row. I tried hardwiring to the router, and the installation got to 89% and stopped. It was very slow getting there. I left it running for about 3 hours.

I ran the WinMTR test (on WiFi, hopefully that’s ok). I tried the 2 EU Hearthstone server IPs on the WinMTR page (I am using the Hearthstone installer as it gets further than the the vanilla Battlenet install).

~~~~
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                             WSQ50.local -    2 |  294 |  289 |    2 |    7 |   38 |    4 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   63 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|hers-core-2a-xe-815-0.network.virginmedia.net -    1 |  306 |  304 |   11 |   21 |  124 |   14 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   63 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|       m686-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net -    1 |  310 |  309 |   12 |   25 |  175 |   16 |

|                          213.46.175.254 -    1 |  306 |  304 |   13 |   28 |  173 |   15 |

|              ae1-br01-eqld5.as57976.net -    0 |  314 |  314 |   21 |   36 |  167 |   25 |

|         et-0-0-2-br02-eqam1.as57976.net -    5 |  263 |  252 |    0 |  134 | 3857 |   24 |

|        et-0-0-67-pe02-eqam1.as57976.net -    1 |  306 |  304 |   21 |   34 |  153 |   25 |

|                          185.60.112.157 -    3 |  290 |  284 |   20 |   29 |   66 |   21 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
~~~~