How to cheat in COD MW?

From what I have seen from BLIZZARD in the way they deal with cheaters in COD MW its non-existent. Cheating is rampant. Very, very disappointing. So, if I cant beat them. How do I join them…ya know, where do I get these BLIZZARD-proof cheats from? What are the best cheats to use? How much do they cost?

Mandroid66,

The only involvement Bliz has in playing the CoD games is authentication, after which the service is handed off to Activison and their servers/admin. Thus Bliz isn’t involved with anything in-game, including cheat prevention.

You will need to post on Activison’s forums if you wish to call attention to cheating in their games.

2 Likes

You are not wrong. Blizzard does not make COD, does not run the servers, and does not have anything to do with anti-cheat measures.

They sell the software via the website and launcher application (authentication gateway). That is it.

Levi is right, you need to take your concerns to the actual company that runs CoD which is Activision Publishing. Activision handles everything from making the game, to running the servers, to anti cheat, to bans.

“authentication” You mean like logging into the game? So why don’t you ban them from logging in? :slight_smile: If someone cheats in one of “your” games, you own the authentication to the game thus you control who gets access to the game, shouldn’t you ban the account from ever playing any of your games, at least at the MP level or is that too hard on your wallet?

That’s a good question. I can only speculate but…

Unlike Bliz games, there’s no Warden or other monitoring services watching what’s going on in the games themselves. Also, since CoD accounts are not Battlenet accounts, Bliz can’t take any action on them.

It would take an ever constant, largely mistake-free coordination between Bliz and Activision for them to both be applying penalties. And likely not something Bliz would want to bother with since the CoD games all have their own owner.

“Bliz can’t take any action on them”

You’re actually wrong per the quote above, or this is wrong (Code of Conduct): Blizzard's In-Game Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

Your code of conduct applies to all games… I’d refer you to your “Cheating” section or perhaps your “Behavior” section. Note, at the top of the article, the “Relevant Products” suggests MW is part of that.

I don’t play MW anymore because of the amount of cheaters I ran into. I’m about to quit Overwatch due to smurfs and cheaters. Your products are failing because of Blizzards inability to enforce their own rules and block bad elements from their games and community. :slight_smile:

Your policy covers all products that are on Battle.net… So really it’s up to Blizzard to actually do something or not. Perhaps just write to the bottom of the “Code of Conduct” policy, When We Feel Like It ™ or Soon ™ so people aren’t under the impression that those rules mean anything.

They have the right to ban people from logging into Battlenet for violating policies related to Blizzard games or the Battlenet Launcher.

Blizzard literally does not run the Activision servers at all. They don’t have anything to do with making, monitoring, or banning in Activision games.

The Authentication servers only verify the name/password match and that the game key is valid. Once that happens the player is passed over to the Activision game servers which are completely controlled by Activision. The same thing happens for Blizzard games - once through the Authentication process you get handed off to the individual game servers for each game - which for Blizzard does have a variety of anti cheat mechanisms that vary depending on which Blizzard game you are playing.

Bans for Activision games are handled by Activision. Bans for Blizzard game are handed by Blizzard.

If banned by Activision someone would still be able to log into the Bnet launcher (and see all the games attached to it) - they would just be unable to create a game on Activision’s game server and would receive a message that they were banned.

If banned by Blizzard, a person could still log into the Launcher and see the games attached, they would just get a message they are banned when hitting Play on the impacted game. They can still play other Blizard titles though.

And yes, people come here to complain to Blizzard that Activision banned them. Blizzard can’t do anything about that either.

I gather you are not very familiar with these forums or what Blizz does, so I will also point out MVPs (green text) don’t work for Blizzard. They are normal players with green text who know how to assist others using help menus, support links, explain policies, etc.

I haven’t dabbled in Activision’s EULA/TOS’s but I suspect they have the same rules, which would make what’s written in the support article valid because it doesn’t specifically name Bliz as the one that will apply penalties. It only describes the expectations and consequences of playing the games.

Just as an aside, it could even be argued in the other direction due to the last line of the article mentioning “Blizzard games”. None of the CoD games are Bliz’s. Additionally, if you click the “report them” link at the top of the page, the next page doesn’t have options for the CoD games.

Exactly, the code of conduct “rules” aren’t rules as they don’t apply and are broken freely without repercussion. And as you said, they even directly contradict themselves. Which is why I suggest that they put more thought into policy, perhaps hire a lawyer.

I can tell you that it’s not hard to catch anomalies that happen within the applications/games. You log all the results, all the communications, all the web traffic to your severs. Yet the policy that Blizzard clings to isn’t enforced for everyone, just some. Someone throwing in a game to lower their rank. Someone who wins every game and never misses a shot. Someone who is using the n word in chat… Like this should be easy to deal with on every level. It’s just data, mine it and fix it. Stop pretending it’s hard or complicated as people who play your games have sophisticated backgrounds that can apply to these same type of problems and they solve them every day.

And to the person who said green text means you’re not part of Blizz or whatever… You got green text, I don’t… Why? Mmmkay then, you’re part of the establishment, if you weren’t you’d be on my side without green text. :slight_smile: By my side I mean white text, not that I understand your feelings on cheaters or what happens to them.

We are actually on your side. Cheating is NOT ok in any way shape or form.

We are just trying to explain that Blizzard does not run the Activision game servers. Once a person hits PLAY, they are transferred to said game server - where Blizzard has nothing to do with it for CoD.

For OW, yes, Blizzard takes all the blame and credit for whatever cheat enforcement is applied in OW.

It is easy to think it is all under one umbrella, but it is not. Not even within Blizzard. Not all Blizz games have equal anti-cheat protection depending on when they were made and how.

I get that they aren’t under the same umbrella, but Blizz’s policy says otherwise, I literally linked it and you can see the products it applies to. So the policy should be fixed, because right now it’s wrong.

It is if you don’t make the game, run the game, host the game, or manage the game. If you only sell the game key and verify they have one, then you are kind of limited.

They actually don’t. Not even for all Blizzard games. Once the handshake is done after the Auth server it comes down to each game. Blizz does not even log all the game activity for their own games. Diablo 3 for example does not have game logging. Just single save points that save a snapshot of the account. WoW has pretty extensive logging though - and maybe some of their more modern game.

For Activision - Blizz does not host those games or run those servers, so no, they can’t see anything. All Blizz knows is that Bnet Account Willow#1245 logged in from IP address [xyz] on [date] and the login was valid. They can also check billing records and verify a key is attached to a Bnet account.

On Communcations logging - there are two levels. There are comms done through the Bnet app. Blizz certainly logs all those. Players using the Bnet app for comms are subject to Blizzard’s EULA. Then there are comms in individual games using the in-game features. For Activision, stuff inside their game would be subject to their policies.

Oh and for more fun, the EULA also covers the Blizz forums.

On this I don’t really disagree. I am sure the lawyer speak in there would stand up, but it is confusing for the average person. If people understood that Blizz does not make, host, or monitor Activision games (they are just the gateway), they would not come here to appeal a ban either.

It is obvious there is confusion. I can also say a LOT of Blizzard players do not like seeing any Activision games on their launcher in any way. Not links, not adds, not anything.