How 'safe' is WOWHEAD?

N00B question maybe but, I was wondering what is BLIZZARD’s policy on Wowhead and linking our Battle.net account to it (e.g. for the Holiday Sweepstakes and character progression) ?

Are they legit?
Are they Safe?
How much of my data is mined by them?
High risk of fraud/ID theft?

Thank you for your help!

Too many ads spam making site loading longer and it drain phone battery down real fast i dont recommented it unless use adblocker and pop-up stopper i use Brave browser since it has these 2 addons ingrated for safer browsing this deal wowhead spams also while wowhead has lto of usefull information of wows i suggest to go youtube instead

The core site? That is fine and you don’t need an account or anything to read the information there.

That is YOUR choice to do if you want to do that. Blizzard has an interface that other apps can use to log you in. Same way that Facebook, Twitter, and other logins can be used across other websites. You can revoke those permissions after the sweepstakes is done if you wish.

Where the risk comes is always ads and that is not specific to Wowhead. They use a third party ad provider and if the ad provider does not catch it, there can be ads with malware in them. This goes for ANY website with ads on it.

I always use an ad blocker like uBlock Origin and it applies to every website.

1 Like