Hangs at "Checking Versions" US West

Same issue here, sometimes I can get in after switching, but it is really hit or miss.

Same problem here :frowning: help!!!

It’s been almost 2 weeks for us west. Blizzard ever going to fix this issue or they already abandoned classic d2 because of d2r?

some people still can go to other realm . mine all realm are checking version can’t even one go to login page :frowning: have been five days

Same here… in Sydney Australia… havent been able to log on battlenet on any ip or any cdkey just nothing, some people have said keep retrying quickly and it goes through but mine has had nothing for 5 days now too, but i know a guy overseas who can get on just fine… but he says servers are quieter than usual

I realize this makes not much sense but if you can’t get in try right clicking the D2 shortcut and “troubleshoot compatibility”. Even if it just replaces settings you already have.

On Windows 10 this has gotten me in several times when nothing else works.

Just wanted to share my temporary solution as I had 1.14d installed but couldn’t access any realms. Connect your phone by usb to PC and turn on usb tethering. Disconnect from your current connection and use the tethered connection. Seems to be an IP related ban on all realms for no reason… Havent logged in for years and am banned from every realm?

2 Likes

I was hoping this would work, but it has not.

Can we get a blue post update on this???

1 Like

So we all have the same problem with uswest, its time for a fix, we know you only have time and money to spend on new game productions but if the old ones dont work we wont spend money on new games that might have the same issues.
Ok so its old it should be really easy to fix.

It’s been a bit over a week for me… ALL SERVERS ARE DOWN and it sucks I can’t play after purchasing the game - after 12 years! Can we get an update , Blizzard, please?

Sun, 18 Aprii, approx 3pm Chicago time.

Looks like progress is being made !!

I have had few problems getting various accounts into games for about 10 minutes now. Still a glitch now and then, but I took characters from multiple accounts and was able to unload some items on the ground for others to use.

30-45 minutes later, problems returned (can’t get into USWest). Usual reasons: Hangs at fastest server or checking versions. So, let’s see what happens over the next 24-48 (1-2 days).

1 Like

It is effectively effecting everyone. West is the only ones that seem to be having these issues. Going on two weeks and there is still no plan to fix it?

This is ridiculous @Blizzard. You has these exact same issues last year with East…now its affecting West and you are ignoring it. It is not a coincidence this is happening RIGHT after you announce D2R. If you are going to continuing selling a game on your store, then their should be support for that game. If there is no support, then what you are in fact are doing is falsely advertising a product and service. THAT IS ILLEGAL. EITHER FIX THESE SERVER ISSUES OR remove Diablo 2 from your list of products being sold and inform the public that it is NO LONGER going to be supported. Regardless of the age of the game.

2 Likes

Nope, No progress at all. Problem is still there.

Mon, 19 April, approx 11:20am Chicago time.

Was able to get to a couple accounts, then the problems started again.

Still not fixed. Am able to get onto the other three realms with minimal problems.

4 hours later, no change.

I’m having the exact same problem as everyone else. There are Diablo 2-related companies that are refusing to even serve the entirely of US West now because of this systemic issue affecting all US West users. Is there any attempt presently underway to fix this, or is the official Blizzard approach to gaslight customers by denying the problem even exists?

There are no legitimate companies besides Blizzard associated with Diablo 2. Third party sites engaged in item selling are not something Blizzard supports.

No? They posted that it did exist and they are looking into it. An update would certainly be nice, but they have not denied it. Blue Post :arrow_down:

I am not sure if you were also aware, but the Diablo 2 forums have moved and there is a second Tech Support forum there just for D2. It does not currently have any udpates either, but you might want to watch both places.

Misscheetah that topic has nothing to do with our problem, it’s a reply to a much older thread dated early 7th april.

This is another issue because it happened later - also we are not hanging at checking version, we cannot connect at all. To ANY realm.

Do you even play D2? Do you know characters get deleted after some time? Imagine how nice that is. Servers are broken, blizzard ignores you and possibly deletes your characters.

8 days offline and counting by the way.

2 Likes