Gifting for a specific date

Is there a way that you can gift a game to someone for a specific date? So that it will give it to them on a certain day? Or does it just send it to them right when you process the payment?

I’m just trying to time some gifts and don’t want them to see it ahead of time. If need be I guess I could just process the payment closer to the day I want them to see it.

1 Like

Not that I know of. However, I THINK you can have the key or code emailed to you instead. Then you can email it to them or even print it and put it in a physical card. I know that worked in the past and I think it still does.

It would not have the fun of the Bnet launcher gift box though.

Hi there,

Could you please relay to the team in charge of gifting games/items to consider adding in a feature at some point to choose a set day/time of which to gift that said game/item to the person of their choosing. I also had a similar scenario as Glenn here and wanted to gift Diablo 4: Ultimate edition to my father, unfortunately I just gifted it and he got it a week before Christmas, so it would be great to be able to set a day so that person receives the Gift on that said day. (i.e. Christmas or Birthdays)

Thanks!
Stay frosty, MissCheetahiego :cold_face:

You can sort of do that!

What you can do is have the code for the gift sent to your own email address (or used to be able to do that and I think you still can). That lets you print the code, put it in a card, and hand it to your family member or friend.

Sorry you did not know that ahead of time but hopefully it works in the future.

But yeah, they don’t have that built into the system at this point.

Ah, I see, thanks for the info.

I was trying to figure this out and stumbled on this post. You apparently can’t do that anymore because they require the person be a friend you pick from the list and it sends an email directly to them. So if I want to send something on Christmas I guess I’ll have to buy it on christmas!

Its 2022 they should just copy Steam they do everything right.

You should be able to send it to YOURSELF though - to your email. So you can give them the code from your email whenever you want. That should not require them being your friend first.