Game Updates Causing DOS to my Router

I just built completed a new PC build and have been trying to get my games loaded back up. Unfortunately I’ve ran into a very strange behavior. I have a gigabit router (netgear nighthawk r7000 and a wired gigabit internet connection. When downloading game updates, my router is experiencing something similar to a DOS attack. My DNS goes down, and the internet stops working for the entire house minus the active connections I already have (blizzard downloader, discord). The router begins to work normally again as soon as the update is paused. (Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with latest firmware) Furthermore, the speed I’m seeing in the download is nowhere near high enough to cause any sort of issue on my home network. It is maxing out at around 21 MBps. For comparison, some of my steam downloads were performing around 65 MBps with no adverse issues. I’m able to stop the issue from happening by bandwidth limiting the blizzard app to only 10 MBps. However, this shouldn’t be necessary, especially not when the connection is only reaching 21-22MBps. I currently have UPNP disabled on my router, though I also tried with it enabled. I also have several ports setup for forwarding to improve my NAT type on call of duty.