Game library within the Battle.net client keeps updating

I see, that may help solve the issue temporary until Activision Blizzard updates the client.

Same issue here. Four days later and still no fix, no response from Blizzard?

Thereā€™s a response in the form of a notification in-app:

We are aware of an issue causing the Battle.net App to repeatedly update some games and are working on a fix.

1 Like

My WoW is updating non stop as well since Friday November, 12ā€¦

Awesome, great to finally hear some good news from the developers. Now, we can move on and enjoy playing our games without worrying anymore.

Did this get fixed for anyone? My launcher has been doing this for weeks, and is still doing it today. I thought it was an issue with my external drive cord, but after seeing this post I now suspect otherwise.

Hi, Iā€™m having the same problem. Every time I open HOTS game (on desktop client, on windows 10), I have a 137GB update. Itā€™s been doing that for a month now. Blizzard acknowledged the issue in the client once but not anymore, but the problem is still here. Has anyone tried to reinstall whole Battle net client by any chance ? Thanks.

Yeah Iā€™ve done it all, reinstalling the client, deleting the program and app data, reinstalling all my games, etc. no solution yet for me and blizzard seems to think the issue is resolved. frustrating.

Got a replacement surface pro 7 after my other took a nose dive. This constant updating started about a week ago, i can ā€˜liveā€™ with the updating becasue it usually pauses for a 5-10 minutes before doing it again. If I donā€™t COMPLETLY kill battlenet when not in use it kills my battery with this constant updating in like 40 minutes. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. . . .still does it :(. Changed the scan for games when starting a few times.

Ah, I thought I was the only one who was having this issue. My hartstone game keeps reupdating in a loop every time I launch battle.net and itā€™s been doing this right around the same time this bug was present. Still is doing it and they havenā€™t any plans to fix it? I havenā€™t played for a couple months in the hopes that this would have gotten fixed by now but itā€™s still, as of todayā€¦ doing it! Reinstalled everything and still keeps happening. This is really getting annoying and neeeeeeeeeds to get fixed!

This issue is still relevant. This is my first time posting in this thread, and Iā€™m posting as yet another user this affects. Itā€™s been affecting me for about a year now, Iā€™d estimate. Please resolve this issue soon. It makes Agent.exe use maximum CPU repeatedly and just drains a ton of electricity on wasted CPU cycles and disk activity for no reason.

1 Like

Having same issue, D3 would non stop update take a few secs update. tried everything but always wants to update. But there is no update. it downloads nothing and then you play.
But after you close it reopen launcher update again, downloads nothing again and says play.
Been having this issue for about a month.

Deleted all app data, cache folder, etc, etc. Re-logged.
But game still playable just figured Iā€™d say Iā€™m experiencing the same for a long time now

4 months later: Still broken.

it feels like its been 5 months that ive had this bug with the battlenet client. please fix asap

this has been ongoing issue with my blizzard client for the past 6 months as well. Blizzard/Activision please fix this!

1 Like

Has anyone found a fix for this, I have been having this problem for several months now with no fix at all, have reinstalled my games and battle.net app over and over again with no luck.

Iā€™m here to say that this issue hasnā€™t been solved yet. Fresh new Windows 11 installation with games either on SSD and HDD, they all need to be updated on a daily basis at the very least, but yeah, the issue happens also when you close a game.
And yes, Iā€™ve also been experiencing it on my previous installation since November, and on other computers (my laptop with Windows 10 and an iMac 2019 with Windows 11).

Same issue there since this date, when this will be fixed ??
I have D4 W3 WoW and WoW BCC always updating :frowning:

I noticed someone else in the thread mentioned games updating every time they close a game, well this is happening to me too, and I think the only solution is to set updating in the download section of settings in the Battlenet launcher to never automatically update. The launcher will still show the update button for the game you just closed, in my case the Blizzard Arcade Collection, but then once you push the button it will finish in seconds rather then several minutes and hopefully will only be triggered for the game you just closed. I noticed this because there were no actual update for the game when i closed the game, so this must be a bug in the Battlenet app.

Resolved by changing the installation location for battle.net and hearthstone from micro sd to c drive