Friends list showing people online & away that aren't running any games

Recently I’ve noticed that the friends list has been showing people in games that aren’t actually playing. I’ve been asked multiple times to play a game that I stopped playing up to an hour ago because it showed me online in that game. Furthermore, I’ve seen a lot of WoW friends supposedly logged on their characters through the launcher/friends list, but they’re not online and have been afk long enough to not be on the character shown on the friends lists. Any idea what’s going on with the friends lists showing people online that aren’t?

5 Likes

I have had this same issue. I can log out of BNet, log back in and it fixes, but the issue happens multiple times.

My friends and I have been having this issue too, The battlenet app seems to be showing people properly, but the computer version isn’t.

This is the same thing that is happening to me. it is fine for a little while after i relaunch battlenet but happens again.

Yea ive been having the same issues for a couple weeks now. Its very annoying. The only “positive” is that I can see what my friends played last lol… but other than that… its frustrating to actually figure out if people are online and playing any specific game.

Hey y’all,

This is a known issue that we’re looking for details on. For those of you who still have the issue after a reinstall of the app, we’d be interested in collecting some logs for you to help investigate the problem. To get these logs, run log goblin after you have one of the issues. Once you have the logs, you can email them with this information:

Subject: Attn: Drakuloth - Battle.net Friend Status Issue
To: techinfo@blizzard.com

We’ll peek over those and see if we can’t narrow it down more. Thanks again for all the help/reports thus far!

I had been having the same issue as well; it got a little bit better after the 8.2.5 patch, but, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the bnet app. At the moment it’s not saying that anyone’s in game when they’re not, however, I’m still getting pinged in game repeatedly that someone has logged on bnet even if they’re already on Bnet and haven’t DC’d.

Would you like logs for that?

1 Like

Hey there, Himi!

2019-10-03T05:00:00Z, an update was pushed to resolve the wrong online status issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, could you try the reinstall and provide the requested logs above? Thanks for working with us to resolve this issue! :slight_smile: