Friend requests from spam accounts

Hello,

No clue where this topic is supposed to go, but I have been harassed with friend requests from fake gold-selling and XP-selling accounts every day, multiple times a day, for almost a week now.

This started when I joined the Blizzard-sponsored Diablo Discord server and hasn’t stopped since. Are there any plans to address these fake accounts or any way to block friend requests from non-verified accounts?

Seems like an oversight if anyone can make an account and blast out friend requests to a bunch of people at once.

2 Likes

Oversight how? How do you you think it could be stopped? Completely stop all requests?? How else would any real friend request get through??? No… maybe next time dont advertise your battletag to a huge room of stangers.

Anyone that’s ever posted on Blizzard’s forums has done this because just hovering over someone’s name / avatar shows a URL preview which includes their Battle Tag in it.

1 Like

I am having the same issue but it started about 2 days ago. It seems to be related to Diablo 4 as far as I can tell. Doing an inspect of a player literally shows their battletag. Seems like that should be adjusted.

1 Like

I’ve been a member for a very long time and this started within the last week.

Friend invites from “wowgoldxxxx243934932!##!4599” or something similar. Says “sent through desktop app”.

Not sure how to police it, just annoying on our side.

1 Like

Been seeing these friend requests in Diablo 4. However they also appear on the Battle.net desktop app. in the app, they show up as a notification. Click the Bell icon, then next to the request is “…”, upon clicking the three dots, you have an option to “Report”, which brings up another window to add a description, report and block the user.

I did not see this the first few times, because I didn’t see these options within Diablo 4. Thanks for having this option in the app Blizzard.

1 Like

Steam had this problem a few years back how they fixed it only acc that had spend 5 USD could add friends

Okay, but Diablo Immortal is a free-to-play game so basic functionality like being able to add people you play with to your Friends List shouldn’t be behind a paywall.

People still could add them. It’s a better system then being spammed all the time.TBH

Been getting spam friend requests every single day for the last week from Goldtrade#1 , i have blocked / reported these every single time but its useless being that each time is a different Goldtrade1# .

Hey all,

Bliz just posted a tweet about the gold selling spam.

https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1678557563842072576

2 Likes