It looks like since this weeks maintenance I have been getting 404s on endpoints that do exist. Here’s an example (for the profession index):
> Error in bnetAPICall("profession.index", region = region) :
> Not Found (HTTP 404). Failed to request failed https://us.api.blizzard.com/data/wow/profession/index?locale=en_US&namespace=static-us
> date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 15:13:42 GMT
> content-type: application/json;charset=UTF-8
> transfer-encoding: chunked
> connection: keep-alive
> battlenet-namespace: static-9.2.0_42277-us
> vary: accept-encoding
> blizzard-token-expires: 2022-04-08T15:04:30.410Z
> content-encoding: gzip
> x-trace-traceid: d1384f62-116b-322e-b1fc-a4c77581494f
> x-trace-spanid: 16da7bcb-7e70-e010-26a1-fa164cca34a8
> x-trace-parentspanid: 16da7bcb-7e70-dfe0-26a1-fa164cca34a8
> x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
> x-content-type-options: nosniff
>
> server: blizzard.
edit: fix log fmt
I can reproduce the issue that https://us.api.blizzard.com/data/wow/profession/index?locale=en_US&namespace=static-us will sometimes work and sometimes 404, just by reloading the page in the browser.
Adding to this thread, also reported over the API discord.
More trace IDs of failed requests:
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bca-9763-2fd0-7b81-fa164d1c13e7",
x-trace-traceid: "7a63efa7-5151-321e-a451-242f4650a69c",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bca-9763-2fa0-7b81-fa164d1c13e7"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bc5-1c95-e920-a147-fa164c94d129",
x-trace-traceid: "6e2d66a9-e33c-3313-9662-e41e2b0b54ea",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bc5-1c95-e8f0-a147-fa164c94d129"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bc6-ab94-6dc0-36b0-fa164de434c3",
x-trace-traceid: "939cc171-8b17-3a35-9633-d82dc1f6fbf5",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bc6-ab94-6d90-36b0-fa164de434c3"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bc9-7444-bb00-cc1a-fa164d0f1e07",
x-trace-traceid: "e31d082e-c185-3647-be08-a4a0edd1ee2f",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bc9-7444-bad0-cc1a-fa164d0f1e07"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bcf-d8be-9b40-053e-fa164d02aa6a",
x-trace-traceid: "7370f873-8767-34b7-b5ca-7c0ad0e88eb0",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bcf-d8be-9b10-053e-fa164d02aa6a"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bcd-b221-4f50-93b9-fa164caedabd",
x-trace-traceid: "f178b198-7a34-3c9e-b084-dfe95f7bc14f",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bcd-b221-4f20-93b9-fa164caedabd"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bd0-934b-2840-6a0f-fa164de70ea1",
x-trace-traceid: "c0c12bb4-4a80-394c-a7a4-d3dd49791c23",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bd0-934b-2810-6a0f-fa164de70ea1"
x-trace-spanid: "16da7bd1-3006-4760-ae84-fa164de8a665",
x-trace-traceid: "e7080d80-46e1-3733-9635-15249f32ea0a",
x-trace-parentspanid: "16da7bd1-3006-4730-ae84-fa164de8a665"
In addition to 404s I also noticed some random 500, some timeouts and even some 200 with the plain/text body “Downstream Error”
We believe we have isolated and resolved this issue. Please validate and let us know if you continue to see these sporadic 404 errors. Apologies for the inconvenience!
The last 404 I saw was at 10:30AM PDT so seems good now.