Forums bug with Firefox

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I have an issue in firefox with the Blizzard Forums for WoW and D3 (haven’t tested others) where the forum constantly refreshes every second or so. It never seems to stop refreshing and obviously makes them unusable. I’ve tried turning off FF addons like ad blockers but it doesn’t make a difference. Had to install another browser - Vivaldi (chrome based) just to make this post.

FF is latest version (75.0 64bit) but it’s happened on at least a couple earlier versions (sorry I can’t tell you exactly which ones). Running Win10 64 bit, not sure what other info I can provide to help identify the problem.

Would really like a solution, it’s kinda annoying having to use a different browser just for the forums :frowning:

1 Like

This happens for me as well, though I am on a Mac (OS 10.14.6). It has been going on for as long as I can remember, and I also had to use a different browser in order to make this post. Since so few people still use Firefox, my bet is that they will never get around to fixing this. It just isn’t economical for them to spend developer time on.

Annoyingly, FF is still the second most popular browser. So it should be supported.

That said, I’m not sure where exactly the problem lies. Whether it’s with Blizz’ code or some bug innate to FF, or something else entirely.

editing since I can’t add a new post. sigh

Just thought I’d provide another update after a FF update. The problem still exists on my PC using the new version - 76.0.1 64bit. I thought I’d test firefox on my android tablet and it works fine on the forums, which is interesting but even more frustrating.

I’m having the same issue with Firefox. It only started within the past six months; before that, the forums worked fine.

Go into options/privacy & security/cookies and site data/manage data. type in us.forums.blizzard and delete your cookies and site data. fixed it for me.

1 Like

Thank you so much. This has been a problem for me for quite some time. Fixed now.