Existing phone in use, but not by my accounts

Went to add my phone number to my account, verified with SMS and was met with an error that the number was already in use. I followed the article advice of checking other accounts I might have (none had associated numbers) and looked through a list of possibilities that could cause it to be reserved for some reason (3rd party games)… none of which are registered with a different phone number. After filing a ticket and getting back a form letter response that included a dead link and the same advice to check the same things I checked, I commented further and have heard nothing for days on it. Anyone else have this issue? Looks like I won’t ever be able to play Overwatch 2. I bought the unlocked thing they sold for it back in june… I guess I’m going to have to ask for a refund now?

2 Likes

If you can’t figure out what other account might have your phone number on it, you will probably want to initiate a refund. The game is not released yet so you should be eligible.

Here is a direct link to the refund request ticket Blizzard Support - Contact Support

You can always buy it again once you get the phone number sorted out.

Good news is I did get it sorted. Maybe this will help others:
I had a few accounts, while none showed the phone number on blizzard side, when I logged into Activision (which I had never done before) they did have it with a phone number. I deleted that phone number, and at this point it showed up on one of the accounts. Then I proceeded to delete it from there and add it to the account I wanted to play with. Hope this helps others.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting a update! That certainly might help other players.

********************* SOLUTION ********************

Scan the QR code on TV using your phone and follow that link Blizzard generates for you
Open browser on phone
Follow the steps on Blizzard website

If you added your phone number to another Battle.net account, log in to that account’s Account Details page to remove the number. See , This Phone Number is Already in Use on Another Account - Blizzard Support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.