Everyone left with last update

Due to the last update that added voice to text logs without an option to disable them my group imploded. We have used it for years instead of Discord and now they all left and refuse to come back over privacy concerns. Why would you do this and not give group admins the option to disable it? Or hell disable it by default at let people enable it if they want it.

My understanding is that voice to text allows folks with hearing issues to read what is said which is a good feature. Out of curiosity, what privacy concerns do they have?

Use of the Blizzard applications and platforms is not private. The EULA we agree to provide a consent to monitor and to release our logs when presented with legal requests. The logs can also be used to enforce the code of conduct and silence, suspend, or ban players who don’t use the platform in accordance with Blizzard’s rules.

Well doesn’t matter what their concerns are now cause now they really don’t trust Activision products and refuse to return for any reason. Five years we have been using the group function and playing WoW and OW growing and now all gone in a single update. If it was not enabled by default would never have happened.

Activison Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment are separate. The Desktop App with voice chat is a Blizzard product.

You might be confusing the stock holding company Activison/Blizzard (ATVI) with the individual companies under it. That includes Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King, Major League Gaming, etc.

You have NEVER had privacy in Blizzard products.

Towards the top we give consent to monitor.

Blizzard shall have the right to monitor and/or record your communications when you use the Platform, and you acknowledge and agree that when you use the Platform, you have no expectation that your communications will be private. Blizzard shall have the right to disclose your communications for any reason, including: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce the terms of this Agreement or any other Blizzard policy; (c) to protect Blizzard’s legal rights and remedies; (d) to protect the health or safety of anyone that Blizzard believes may be threatened; or (e) to report a crime or other offensive behavior.

Didn’t say we ever did. Way it was rolled out was enough to scare people in a eco system already being micro managed by Activision. Lets try the reverse by default all text is spoken and cant be turned off.

I would say the roll out is actually good if it got them to look at the privacy (or lack of) that they agreed to. They should have realized long ago everything was tracked. Now that they realize that, they can make their own decision to use the platform or not.

Blizzard has been doing this forever, since way before Activision even came into the picture. Everything we communicate using their software belongs to Blizzard. It always has.

I am glad your friends now realize that. I hope they also realize that most other software platforms have similar clauses regarding their control and right to log things. Always read the details!

Untrue as other platforms having paying customers and are much more open in general over privacy concerns eg Discord and Mumble(Typefrag) for example. Also you ignored my text to voice by default. It is to help those who have trouble reading…are you against helping people with vision issues.

Yes, I ignore nonsense when it is thrown out there. You made a silly claim now you want me to defend against your “accusation”.

I am not playing.

Again, Blizzard has been VERY open about you privacy on their platforms. You don’t have any with regard to your communications.

Yet you said it was fine to do voice to text default cause it helps people who have hearing issues yet you don’t seem to care about people with vision issues…