Error Code: BLZBNTAGT000008FC

All games failed to load about 2 months ago. uninstalled everything blizz but cannot install bnet or any game. Can’t fix by any canned solutions provided @ blizz site. Can’t put in a ticket because 2 files required to be uploaded. can’t acquire MSINFO file. but DXdiag is ok. Can only play HS on devices and had to unsub from wow

Not being able to run system information and export an msinfo indicates a larger system level issue. Possibly with the WMI system.

You can try the following but you may need to have the system looked at by a local professional.

If each sub-section of the MSINFO shows “Can’t Collect Information”, resetting the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Repository should fix this error:

Press Windows+Q and type this into the search bar that pops up:
cmd
Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.

net stop winmgmt
winmgmt /resetrepository
net start winmgmt

Now, exit the command prompt and restart your computer, then retest running the Battle.net application.

If this allows you to export an msinfo but the issue with the Blizzard Desktop Application persists you can also do the following:

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
1 Like

Hi. I’m the OP’s husband and tried to fix this for her. When I tried the Win+C fix, no prompt appeared into which I could type cmd between that and not even being able to access system information, I suspect, as you do, a larger problem. Ironically, there has been no trouble running anything else.

Hi !

Try Win + Q… as was suggested :wink:

Good luck !

Did any of you guys get a bug where it would install until 89% and then stop?

2 Likes

Nothing works…smh I’ve tried everything, nothing happens :face_exhaling:

this same thing has been happening to me for the past hour and ive been trying to play vanguard and it just doesn’t work

I got the same problem here my pc dont have any problems with any other games. Juste batlle net app…

1 Like

what’s the problem here? It’s not my pc. Was working just fine yesterday. Played a game or two of hearthstone and exited program. Wake up for season 27, I’m in Japan, and now this nonsense.

did anyone fixed this already? I tryed every step that its on their support and still getting the error…

same i cant to i know why

That’s the bug I’m having! No idea how to fix it, as I’ve tried everything!

Same Issue…No response from blizz support.

Do you expect there to be? They have your money at this point.

still not a chance of installing it!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.