Error Code: BLZBNTAGT0000084B

Hi,

I ve recently run into this issue so i have completely reinstalled my windows using original image from MS site, first thing i do after reinstall i ve installed Battle.net app and click on install HoTS, error appeared again, i ve check rights on folder and those are correctly set, i ve also started Battle.net app as admin giving me the same error code. When running windows in safe mode it gives same error.

Please help me,

Thx

FIX:

Mistake were made on enduser side, after reinstall i moved my documents file path to already existing folder on different X:\ drive and did not notice folder Heores of the Storm was there already, after i checked, it was really missing the admin rights, so i renamed folder to something else so it will be correctly re-created.

Guys check your path ownership X:\users\documents\Heroes of the Storm

@Blizzard - maybe worth mentioning also this thing in error troubleshooting?

3 Likes

Hi there,
I can confirm this fix. It is completely independent of the game install location.
step by step:

1. locate the directory within “my documents”, e.g. F:\myuser\Documents\StarCraft II
  2. rename it, e.g. F:\myuser\Documents\StarCraft II_renamed
  3. start the game update via battle.net app
  4. launch SC II :heart_eyes:

We found the solution by looking at the log files (can be collected with LogGoblin), see Battle.net-Logs - Blizzard-Kundendienst
It seems that the installer is accessing the user “my documents” directory.
:exclamation: The given error message “We couldn’t access a folder. This is usually because you’re not logged in as an administrator. Error Code: BLZBNTAGT0000084B” should contain the name of the inaccessible directory!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this suggestion worked like a charm been trying to update and/or reinstall Heroes from the Storm for months now this fixed it.

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH! You saved my nerves!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.