I’ve attempted to update WoW too many times tonight and I’m not really sure what to do at this point besides uninstall / reinstall. Any thoughts on alternative solutions? Below is what has happened so far.
- On my Mac, tried loading the game (without opening the Battle.net app) and after logging in the whole game crashed.
- Restarted computer and opened Battle.net app and started a Scan & Repair. Scanned almost to 100% before popping out a BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error code.
- [Repeat step 2 twice thinking maybe it was an internet connection issue. Continue repeating step 2 as I complete the other steps in this list]
- Check out Blizzards page describing ways to resolve the BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error - none of them apply here. I am not running on a proxies nor is security software an issue.
- Check the forums for any info regarding this error code and noticed there isn’t anything recently posted about it.
- Tried loading up the game anyways and now receive a different error code (can’t currently grab it since I am trying to update again, but it popped up before even the login screen appeared) BUT Battle.net app now has a big “UPDATE” button - is this progress? I don’t know.
It’s been almost 3 hours of trying to resolve this - any suggestion you can provide would be very appreciated!