Error after a few days of working correctly (0xc0000005)

Hello guys, here is issue that plague me and I’m hoping someone has a fix.

First a little background. This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro this past week.
Drivers, and windows updates are current. I also have Origin, Steam, and Epic games all running without incident. I have tried the suggested fixes but nothing seems to work.

It started as Windows security detecting Battle.net as a Trojan Virus, quarantined it and stopped it all from running. I thought maybe some definitions were out of date and then installed Mcafee, re-did it all and the same thing happened. So I tried AVG instead, again same stuff while running realtime protection. So this time I installed the protection first updating it then disabled Realtime protection.

It worked seemingly for about a day, I shut down the PC, wasn’t able to come back until a few days later, wanting to enjoy a game and poof I get an error (0xc0000005)when trying to play HOTS or SC2.

Origin, Steam, and Epic games all still running without incident. It’s just Battle.net stuff. I did try to contact support but the site won’t let me submit all of my info as a ticket. I can send Msinfo and dxdiag to anyone needing that.

Thank you in advance for any help you may have to give!

2 Likes

I have the same problem!When I try to run the application, I get the same error and has been struggling with the app for 4 hours, but doesn’t want to go ;/

Hey there EnzoMatricks,

The symptom makes me think it’s something with bad files or possibly a Windows problem.

Can you try creating and switching to a new administrator account to see if that helps?

If not, then nuking the Battle.net application, including some folders not normally removed with a basic uninstall, may help get things working.

1. Uninstall the application - https://battle.net/support/article/30304
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application! - Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment
2 Likes