ERROR #108 (0x8510006c)

Hiyas,

Was working fine this morning. I just tried logging in to WoW and noticed my mouse cursor was not changing to the normal hand - it was staying as the MacOS system default one. Logged out and ran Scan and Repair. This got me to like 99% and then gave the error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 which other posts have covered as being a generic error. The Launcher ‘Play’ button is stuck as Update (have quit, reinstalled the launcher and restarted the computer.

I’ve also tried opening the WoW app directly. Opening the app directly now gives ERROR #108 (0x8510006c) so am wondering if perhaps the scan and repair has corrupted the game files.

Curiously, attempting to open the app directly and getting the error, the launcher ‘Update’ button changes to ‘Play’ until I click away the ERROR #108 (0x8510006c) error message, when it changes back to update.

Any suggestions would be great!

[edit] After googling the error and trying a few more things I’ve just ripped off the bandaid and deleted the folder… starting a fresh download

Methods to Fix World of Warcraft Error 108
Fix 1- Install the latest OS updates
Make sure that you’ve installed the latest system updates on your computer. Running outdated system versions may cause various game issues and updating your system may quickly fix them.

Here’s how to update your Mac computer:

Open the App Store app → select Updates in the App Store toolbar
Download and install the updates by clicking on the Update button.
If you’re running OS X Snow Leopard or Lion, click on the Apple icon and select Software Update.
To update Windows, go to Start > type system updates > double click on Windows Update Settings > click on the Check for updates button and install the updates available for your computer.

Fix 2 – Install the Battle.net app and WoW on an internal drive
If you installed World of Warcraft on an external drive, this may explain why you’re getting error 108 (0x8510006c). This may trigger permission issues with the Battle.net app when trying to run the game from another drive.

In other words, install both the Battle.net app and World of Warcraft on the same internal drive. On your Mac, the best place to install the software is the Application’s folder where you installed the OS drive.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez