Endless scanning files loop

Endless scanning files loop, I have tried deleting the .IDX files. - did not work.
Having to download over 200gb of game again, this is ridiculous when the game is expensive to buy that this can’t be fixed. This issue occurred in 2019 and 2020…yet here we are with the same problem and no suitable work around other then re-installing the entire game.

9 Likes

I got the error after launching the game that - “Content no longer available” and when I started Scan and Repair - it went in endless loop of scanning. Lastly I got pissed off and had to uninstall the game and reinstalling is taking forever as their server sucks and can’t the load off the download. Despite of having 200 Mbps speed I am getting download speed of mere 1 Mbps.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues as described in these other postings perfectly. having to uninstall and reinstall the game all over again. this needs fixing for sure.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. It is obviously related to the 2/25 update as I did not have this problem before. Is there no solution other than a complete uninstall and reinstall? I only have a DSL connection - 6 mbps max speed. Will take several days to do this. Not sure it is worth it. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

having the same problem its so stupid now …

2 Likes

How do we even contact these guys? My install is stuck at 99% with like 500kb remaining and it never finishes. I have wasted over 1TB of data trying to install/re-install this abomination.

2 Likes

Same here, havent had a problem until today, kept getting force disconnected from wow (error 51900319) so tried a scan/repair and now I am stuck in a loop. Tried flushing dns, running addon updater etc, no love.

2 Likes

Same Problem here, was playing last night this morning crashed scan files now in an endless loop.

2 Likes

i have run scan and repear last night and now i am stuck in endless loop of scan.hopeless,they dont know how to fix battle.net launcher.i just hope everybody get stuck in this so they finaly start to work on fix

I have an open ticket with Blizzard atm, tried a few things so far but no luck, will keep you all posted. Anyone tried a full reinstall? I dont want to download it again lol

I would try the copy/paste reinstall method before doing a app reinstall, its alot faster

how about you share with us the process as you know atm the game is broken. Also, who marked this as solved & why?

1 Like

So far they asked me to update my Killer networking software. If that didnt work create a new admin account and try in that. If that didnt work I had to run a network software called WinMTR to assess whether I am losing data between me and the server. Thats where I am at atm, still stuck in the loop lol

Holy Smokes, I am not the Only One fighting this mess…ugh.

1 Like

watch this video guys,push the video forward to 1:22 when the magic start.
is for modern warfare but it should work for all blizzard games,ofc you need to finde and klick on game you are stuck in endless scanning loop.i cant promise anything but the guy have over 1.2 k likes so i guess he save thousands of people

CONFIRMED 02/28/2021 This YT video fixed the issue for me = How to fix Warzone 2.0 /MW unlimited scan & repair loop (Without re-downloading the game) - YouTube

2 Likes

The youtube video fixed the scan loop, but the game is still stuck at 99% and updating.