Download speed capped on battlenet launcher

Hey! Today I started downloading games on battle.net. And the download speed is always around 7-15 MBps and it should be 60MB+. And yes i know they have hours where ppl are online alot and using the launcher but hear me out, Im using a desktop, and my GF recently moved in with a laptop so while she is at work I tried removing the cable from her LT and tested on my desktop and still the same, now she gets 60MB+ on battle.net on the same game etc, also steam is fine on both computers. Been resetting my internet on the desktop and changed cables, also took speedtest and everything else seems to work fine.

So far I know this is only happening on my desktop pc and it’s only battle.net, tried reinstalling and deleted it multiple times. Nothing seems to work. All drivers are downloaded and it would be weird if it was the drivers since it’s only a battle.net issue. Just to clearify we use the same router tested with all cables. also tried resetting the router. Changed DNS and got no proxy, also tried VPN and disabling IPv6.

I really need some help figuring this one out so any help would be appreaciated greatly! :3

Hey there,

So if the issue is only happening to battle.net hosted games on a single system then the issue is most likely corrupt settings on the system, corrupt Update Agent data or a program on the system interfering with the update agent.

Let’s manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.

Did you try going into Settings > Downloads >Network Bandwidth
Check Limit download bandwidth
Check Latest updates > 9999999
Check Pre-release Content > 9999999
Done

If that doesn’t work, restart client and let it try and download again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.