Didn't get any reason for my ban

I got banned for no reason a few weeks ago and started to appealing through the support ticket. I tried my best to prove myself while the CS team only sent 2 links which I doubt if they actually read (because the link was actually dead and I had to google the title to read it). The following is the whole support ticket and it is closed now. I would like to say I only feel arrogance in this process. (I can’t post links so I have to delete them)

Feb 27 I started appealing the penalty
Simon
Dear customer service,

I’m submitting the ticket for my other Blizzard account because I can’t log into it and appeal overwatch penalty for it using web ticket.

My blizzard account (a deleted link) got suspended. I received an email that said I violated the Blizzard End user license agreement, which I didn’t. I didn’t cheat or abusive chat or have any other harmful in game and out game behavior. The only reason I can think of relating to my account ban is maybe the IP changing issue.

I’m a player from China, where there is no blizzard server. I can only play overwatch in Asian server, which REQUIRES me to use proxy in order to login to the account and play. I don’t think that is a violation to the Blizzard End User License Agreement – it doesn’t mention the forbidden of using proxy and that’s the only way I can play OW in China here.

I hope you can help me solve the issue. You can check all my in-game and chatting behaviors - they are all legit. If using proxy will lead to a ban to my account, then I can’t play any Blizzard games on any account anymore.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to your response.

Feb 27 I got an answer like from a bot
Support
Greetings,

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies (a deleted link), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at a deleted link

Regards,
Game Master Team
Blizzard Entertainment

Feb 28 I argued again when I saw the response. I’ve actually checked all details in the policies and links they sent.

Simon
Greetings,

I’ve checked your Terms of Use and In-game Policies ( a deleted link ), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing. From the linked article, there are 4 main categories of policies that should not be violated.

The first one is “Communication”: “You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.” I’m sure that I didn’t violate this rule because I seldom even type anything to any other people (except friends). You can check my communication history.

The second one is “Naming”: “Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive.” My blizzard account (a deleted link) was named as “FlatWhite” and I can’t see any offensive element in this name.

The third one is “Cheating”: “Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.” I only played QP. I didn’t use any third-party programs to automate the game or engage in any activity to get an unfair advantage. You can also check my game behavior - they are totally legit.

The last one is “Behavior”: “Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable.” I never threw or fed, and I believe I always tried my best even in quick play. There is no way to say that I intentionally violated this rule. You may also check my in-game behavior.

For your Battle.net Terms of Use (a deleted link), I’ve also checked it again and I cannot find a single rule that I violated. Since it has too many policies, I can’t list them and claim them as I did above. If you did find out that I did violate the rules, please list them out.

As you can see, I’ve checked carefully with your “Terms of Use and our In-game Policies” and “Battle.net Terms of Use”. I’m sure that I didn’t violate any one of them, which means my account (a deleted link) got banned for no reason.

I hope you can carefully check all my behaviors and help me unban it, or at least tell me which rule I violated.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to your response.

Mar 5 Today I finally got another response like from a bot and link is actually dead, I had to google the “code of conduct” to read through it and then figure out I’ve never violated it.

Nhelteriox
Greetings Simon

it’s unfortunate to hear about what happened.

your account ban has been reviewed and will not be overturned or lowered; the violation of the Terms of Service has been verified and we sent an email about it, I am not able to add any more comments to that email.

Make sure to review our Code of Conduct here: a deleted link.

As the review has been already done once, any further tickets on this matter, may not be reviewed again.

I take the chance to wish you a good continuation of day.

Blizzard Entertainment

The support ticket is closed now and I’m not hoping my account can get unbanned anymore. In this whole process I’m like talking to a bot with an amazing response time. It seems like no matter how hard I’m arguing and proving, nothing will change. Arrogance is all I can feel. If that is the situation of CS now, what is the point of wasting all of our time? At least I think I should get a specific reason instead of a dead link right?

1 Like

Yeah, I got banned for actually nothing.

Like, they included no reason in my ban email. Just said “Your account is locked”. Nothing in game either.

I can’t speak for the proxy thing as that is probably ban-worthy and if it is there’s no way to confirm why or from where you’re proxying (which is the point) so I could see a ban there regardless of circumstance. That said, don’t expect much from Blizzard in the way of support. Their customer service is absolutely horrid and they treat their employees as badly as they treat us. It sucks but it is what it is.

That does not sound like a ban Vel. Account locked is not a disciplinary message. It is a security system message starting that the system detected some sort of change to your login patterns that seemed suspicious. The account was locked as a result.

Usually that can be resolved by the player by changing the password from the new location or device. Having an Authenticator on the account helps prevent security challenges or locks. Very nice if you travel and still play from a laptop or something.

Here is the article on it.

1 Like

I appreciate the info but I think I may have not been specific. There’s an expiration date on the suspension in the email I got, but the email didn’t state why other than the generic terms of service template.

Oh, that is odd. Normally it gives a category such as “Abusive Chat” ( that can be spam, advertising, bad name, profanity, masked profanity, slurs, sexual content, etc.) “Use of third party software”, “Abuse of the economy” (real money trade for in-game services/goods). etc.

I am sorry to hear they could not give you a category :frowning:

MVPs are just other players so I can’t look at your account for you.

1 Like

I want to be able to log so hoping this is 1 step in the process

That vague explanation blizzard gives about TOS breaches is the full extent of the customer service or support you’ll get from them. Even if they do tell you the category that an alleged breach was in, they will adamantly refuse to provide any further explanation, evidence, or reasoning for the action. And the only support forums can really give is “yup. That’s their Customer Support department in its full glory.”

Stinks and makes no sense, but then again, Blizzard.

1 Like

lol. One of the “game masters” or an actual human finally decided to read one of the tickets I submitted asking for any kind of explanation. Turns out saying “gr” and “gg” or “I’ll fill” is toxic and absolutely unacceptable. Only took the “tech support” and “customer service over a month. What a wonderful and fantastic service :joy:

Please explain the reason for the ban, what is the abuse of the game mechanics?The efforts of a normal player are the abuse of the game mechanics in your eyes?Please explain the reason for the ban reasonably and provide evidence, otherwise I will not fight to the end, I will go back to the Taiwan Consumer Protection Association to complain and fight a lawsuit with your company to the end. I don’t care about you!!The 5 commonly used characters under the account have always been playing the game well, and they may have been online for a little longer every day, but is a player’s efforts an abuse of the game mechanics in your eyes?Please deal with it as soon as possible.I am a normal gamer, I have never cheated or endangered others in my 20 years of gaming career, please give a reasonable explanation, is a player’s efforts in your eyes an abuse of game mechanics? I am a deaf and mute person, the game is my only entertainment, if I can’t give a reasonable explanation, my life will be unpleasant, please deal with it as soon as possible. Thank you.Everyone knows that the United States is the world’s police, did not expect the American game company is so domineering! I do not expect to be able to unblock my account, I only have a request, give me a ban my account reasons and evidence! Let me feel at ease to quit the game, like the judge read the verdict, if not I will persist! How can you make money from Chinese players and treat Chinese players so unfairly. Why Don’t you check my gaming history, check my gaming behavior before you make a decision, I don’t even know why my account was banned! Give me one reason, and I’ll leave your game, and I’ll go play! I don’t want to be bullied anymore!I’m not going to stop my claims until you manually review them, not the AI auto-reply to perfunctory players.I’m not going to stop my claims until you manually review them, not the AI auto-reply to perfunctory players.I’m not going to stop my claims until you manually review them, not the AI auto-reply to perfunctory players.please deal with it as soon as possible.

blizzard doesn’t care about you.