Diablo Prime Evil Collection Upgrade is priced incorrectly?

Account Specific means that the Shop evaluates the game licenses on your Battlenet account and adjusts the price based on it. If someone already owns Diablo 3, RoS, and/or the Necro pack it will remove up to $10 from the bundle.

1 Like

Up to you.

The Prime Evil bundle is for people who want D3 and don’t have it yet.

The UPGRADE is for people who already have D3 and want the D2R themed cosmetics and D2R. It will give you a discount up to $10 instead of charging you for the Diablo 3 content you already have.

If you don’t want the D2R themed cosmetics for D3 then just get the base D2R.

4 Likes

Thanks, MissCheetah. Looks like I will be getting D2R alone.

1 Like

That is what I did. I just got the Base D2R. I already have all the D3 game content.

If I want the cosmetics for D3 later, all I have to do is select the Upgrade option and it will just charge me for only the Cosmetics ($10).

So if I have D3 and RoS but no necromancer, is the Prime Evil collection costing £45.99 correct?

It would be between $50 and $55 USD depending on how the shop software is handling the D3 bundle pricing. I am guessing it would be $55 USD but I can’t test that on my account. (MVPs are other players, not Blizz folks).

I am not sure what that coverts to for you.

I have all D3 content (RoS, Necro), and when I click “buy now” on the Prime Evil Collection Upgrade, it wants to charge me $54, so after taxes, it seems like the D3 content (pet, wings) is roughly $10, too bad this upgrade didn’t include the RoS digital collectors upgrade also

Yes, that is correct. The details are in this post. The post actually as charts and lists despite the preview not showing it right.

a think this is wierd to a have all D2&LOD and all D3ros.necro contents and it is still say a pay 49 it should be less if a alrady have all other

3 Likes

I too have all D2 and D3 content, $39 for the remaster is fair, previews are promising, but $10 for pet and wing is crazy. And on top of that only charging $10 for D3 Eternal Collection??? that’s $40 right there on the bnet store. Change Prime non-upgrade from $59 to $79 and upgrade at $45 (D2r + wing/pet) would be much better.

I have the same problem.

Basically people without D III and all pf its expansions only need to pay $59.99 for all the goodies.

I already have D III without its expansions and have to pay $54.99 for the collection.

So basically I paid $54.99 + $19.99 for all the goodies because I bought the D III for $19.99. While people without D III only have to pay $59.99 for all the goodies that I received paying $54.99 + $19.99. Unfair. :astonished:

I have been a loyal customer of Blizzard since 2005. I bought a ton of items and games in my old account. I deleted it changed my mind but wasn’t able to change in time so my account was permanently deleted.

So I came back to WoW again and bought a ton of items and games again… Ton of mounts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not to mention all the subscriptions that I paid in my old account for ~2 years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I feel robbed cause new people only pay $59.99 for D II, D III and all of its expansions while I have to pay $19.99 for D III. Then an additional $54.99 for the D II upgrade to get the wings… etc… plus the D III expansions…

$74.98 spent while new players only need to spend $59.99. Unfair :astonished::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

well I’m really confused. I bought the D2R PEC for 49.99 which I was charged 54.11. I don’t think the 39.99 would be a $14.12 worth of taxes. I own D3 and both Xpax. but when I go into the D3 game I do not have the cosmetics. am I missing something here. Also when I look in the store again it has a check mark in the banner saying that I own the D2R PEC (59.99) and also in the D2R (39.99).

ok sorry i see the cosmetics are only in the Test Realm and not on the Main servers. excuse my stupidity

I believe $39.99 is just D II

$59.99 for D II, the wings etc…, D III and all of its expansions…

I got D3 back when they had a deal if you subbed to WOW for a year you got D3 free but you had to buy all the upgrades…

Wonder if they will do something similar again because I am scared if I buy the Prime Evil Upgrade and get the bonus stuff for D3 and get D2R by doing that they will come out with some deal later and id get screwed :sweat_smile:

CAn i buy the Prime Evil collection and donate the D3 stuff to my kids?

1 Like

I am sorry Randomice, but the portions of the bundle can not be split between accounts or gifted.

It was the same for me. I paid 49.99 euros for D2: Resurrected and the wings+pets.

Found this topic by way of Google. I’m at a loss as to how the discounted Diablo Prime Evil Upgrade is only 1410 JPY cheaper than the base price for the Collection (8690 JPY) when, as far as I can tell, I own all the Diablo 3 content (Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls, Rise of the Necromancer). The base cost for Diablo 2 Resurrected is 5280 JPY. The store page is terrible bad at informing what is included in each version and does little to explain the pricing.

I’m failing to understand how this “provides great value” to me. Could someone possible explain what exactly is in the Upgrade pack to justify the very small discount? I’ve tried checking the Diablo 3 store page too, to see if I’m missing any content. As far as I can tell, there is nothing there left for me to purchase. Although the store doesn’t even show what’s already been purchased.

I’d appreciate any explanation someone can give.

1 Like

'member when cosmetics were an insignificant bonus, thrown in with with collectors editions or given away for special events?
'member when preorders were discounted?

It’s nice that I can get the necro pack at a 2.50EUR discount with the bundle. Too bad I would be getting it only to play D2R, nice upsale.
This remake business must be so profitable, imagine how many people got the bundle thinking it was a D2R special edition, come to find out you got whole game(with an expansion, class pack and a bunch of cosmetics for it) that you probably weren’t looking to buy at this point.

EDIT: getting the complete D3 package is a pretty good deal for people who don’t have any of it. I recommend it if you haven’t tried it, it’s good fun. Don’t expect it to be like D2, though.

2 Likes

This honestly looks like straight up Marketing Con, my eyes immediately knew something was iffy with the pricing when I see the pricing difference for me is Diablo Prime Evil upgrade £46.99
Diablo 2 Resurrected is £34.99
Diablo Prime Evil Collection is £49.99
But I already own several versions of Diablo 3 (can’t remember the exact details, but I can’t see anything other than Diablo 3 under my game subscriptions so /shrug).

in any case, the way this upgrade is set up even if the calculation ‘errors’ are genuine ones) to confuse the buyer and purchase the incorrect item. YOU NEED TO SHOW WHAT I PERSONALLY AM GETTING FOR THAT 3£ off, not the confusing generalised text you have now. Your monetization department needs to reign this in now

2 Likes