Diablo LoD Character rename not working

So im trying to rename one of my character in diablo 2 lod. I have deleted on character and wish to reuse the name on a different character whitch is why i deleted the old one. When i try to rename him it says name it taken, but i can go to create new character and make the name just fine everytime. Is there some sort of wait time that i am not aware of. I have waited for the 10 minutes and also i tried wating a few hours but i still get nothing but name is taken. Can you please help me to fix this issue.

I haven’t done that for years, but as I recall…

The name deleted can be used for a NEW character immediately, but you must wait 7 days to use it for the rename function.

Additionally, you can only put in one request every 7 days for the rename function.

The original source information about how to do it was from the older Diablo 2 forums that I can no longer find.

1 Like

Thankyou for the quick responce i will try to see if i can get it to work in a week

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.